Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how many of you workout 3 days a week?

NickW

i use to go 5 days a week, but I find that rest is the key to serious strength training.

Monday:chest, bicep, abs, cardio (running in place, jumping jacks)

Wednesday:Back, legs,abs, cardio

Friday:Shoulders, Triceps, abs, cardio

Back and legs on the same day in my opinion is a NO NO. Those are both very big muscle groups, which ever one you do first you are cheating the other one. Your better off doing your shoulder work on chest day....Just my opinion

Peace,
Mike

I think shoulders and tris on friday is perfect, because these are the main supporting muscles used during chest workouts. Doing this on friday gives you just enough rest for a fresh set of supporting muscles for chest on monday. I have done this and feel like the stronger I work shoulders, the greater my bench is on monday. I also don't see anything wrong with back and legs on the same day. They are two large muscle groups but if u have the time, then okay. Working out only three days a week means that you have to have some day, where two large groups are worked in order to fit your schedule.

I agree with pheno b/c i work out 3 days a week and i do two main muscles at the moment on wed back and shoulders I plan on changing it to chest/tri/shoulders mon and fri on wed legs/back/and 1 thing for bi

Gentlemen,

First off, obviously your not doing a powerlifting routine as if you were, there is no such thing as back and legs on the same day (unless you consider deadlift and squat) dead's may be considered back also. But in generla froma weightlifting or bodybuilding workout standpoint you are absolutely kidding yourself. I question your intensity and just how your working. After a squat session I am totally spent no f*cking way can I do a big muscle group like back. And if you do back first, then your kidding yourself again, because no way will you give your all on your squat work.

Cubanito, I didn't say 2 main muscle groups I said 2 large muscles groups, I do not consider shoulders or even chest to be as large as back or legs. split up back and legs thats all I'm saying.

I'm not flaming anyone, I'm just saying I truly question your intensity. Powerlifting aside , you would not make it through a squat workout with me and I do not over-train either. IN fact after a squat workout with me the only back work you'll do is your back laying in a pool of your own vomit.

Think gentlemen, think talk to any bodybuilder, powerlifter or even fitness trainer and tell them back and legs in the same workout they will probably laugh in your face.

Love,
Mike

hey nat-mike great stats man i'm somewhere around there(lol). Well the thing is he is working with three days a week lifting like I am. And i've heard when you do shoulders and back on same day that's messed up so he can't do that for a wed. Shoulders go good with chest/tri. Now if he was too do legs,chest/tri, and shoulders that's too much for one day. If he does back and tri he doesn't get enough rest for his next chest day. I think what he's looking for is an idea of what he can do those 3 days without OT(over training). Man i've been at OT before and it sucks, it took me a week and half to recover just to get back on track. And I stil feel sometimes i'm over training. That's why I posted a new workout idea to see if that one is better. Hey nat-mike if you don't mind check it see how u like it, to all others too

Top Bottom