Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how many sets for each muscle?

DeltreeFitness said:
What exactly does working from different angles do other than incorporate other muscles? Is there really an advantage to the bicep doing 8 sets of curls as opposed to doing 4 sets of EZb curls together with 4 sets of Hammer curls?

Working you biceps from different angles will allow you to develop the inside, outside, and lower bicep, which one movement cannot incorporate.

Sorry but i am not sure how to explain what my point is to you.

I guess you are going to have to try trial and error method and see what you prefer and what works best for you. I just know one exercise for biceps doesnt benefit me enough.

cwick0 said:
Working you biceps from different angles will allow you to develop the inside, outside, and lower bicep, which one movement cannot incorporate.

Cwick's post pretty much answers your question bro..can you do 12-20 sets of just 1 type of curl, yes.. will that give you the BEST arms, NO..you need to hit the muscle from different angles just like he said..

No matter what kind of curl you do, it basically will do the same thing, which is to bring your lower arm up to your upper arm by way of an arc. That amounts to one angle. Sure you can do several different curl movements but again..... they do the same mechanical thing and follow the same arc. Whether it be preachers or inclines or standing barbell or alternate dumbell or hammers or cross body......they follow the same arc, hence the same angle. A curl is a curl is a curl. We all have our own individual favorites. The only significant change one can make is the position of the wrist. Palms up, EZ curl, hammers, palms down, supinating, etc. and these wrist positions will affect the forearm / bicep involvment to a less forearm or more bicep or vica versa degree......but its always the same angle..........an arc

Pump on .....

Last edited:
Dave949 said:
No matter what kind of curl you do, it basically will do the same thing, which is to bring your lower arm up to your upper arm by way of an arc. That amounts to one angle. Sure you can do several different curl movements but again..... they do the same mechanical thing and follow the same arc. Whether it be preachers or inclines or standing barbell or alternate dumbell or hammers or cross body......they follow the same arc, hence the same angle. A curl is a curl is a curl. We all have our own individual favorites. The only significant change one can make is the position of the wrist. Palms up, EZ curl, hammers, palms down, supinating, etc. and these wrist positions will affect the forearm / bicep involvment to a less forearm or more bicep or vica versa degree......but its always the same angle..........an arc

Pump on .....

Alleluia! Thank you for answering my question.

Top Bottom