Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many sets for biceps and triceps?

MuSuLPhReAk

How many sets do you do for biceps and triceps including the warmups.

I do about 10-14 each including warmups (2-3 sets of these)

I used to do that many. After doing some reading on this board, many of the mods and vets told me to hit the smaller muscle groups, such as arms, with only two excercises, 3 sets each. But to make sure you hit them very hard. So now I'll do one warmup set for each, then two hard exercises, three sets each.

I just started this so I'm not sure how it will go, we shall see.....

I use around 9 I guess or something along those lines.. not TOO many I mean maybe 3 exercises to really hit my arms hard. I superset arms for a GREAT pump..
:D:D

Bi's and Tri's

I just changed my routine for arms. I use to hit them once a week doing 12-14 sets..now i changed up about 2wks ago, hitting them once every 4-5 days. Total of 9 sets for each w/one warm up, 3 different ex..so far so good...get a good pump

6 sets is plenty for each. I prefer 2 sets of 3 exercises for either bi's or tri's, not counting one light warm-up set.

Each set should be to complete concentric failure though.

I personally do 7 sets for bis and tris. I like to do one compound movement like barbell curls or alternating db curls for bis and for tris i do some sort of ext. either lying or seated. Then I'll do one isolations like preacher curls or pressdowns.

AMP 33 said:
I personally do 7 sets for bis and tris. I like to do one compound movement like barbell curls or alternating db curls for bis and for tris i do some sort of ext. either lying or seated. Then I'll do one isolations like preacher curls or pressdowns.

Barbell curls and lying tricep extensions are not compound movements. They are isolationary.

I am talking about movements where i can go heavy. I am 15 and i can 90 lbs barbell curls 7 times with perfect for but i cant do concentration curls with 45 lbs dumbells

Here's a dumb rookie question.....why do a warm-up set? I guess if you are doing a chest/bi - back/tri split or something like that I can see the validity, but I think a lot of people do chest/tri - back/bi, right? In that case, why do warmup? That's my current split, and I just skip warmup and go right to work, since I'm already pre-exhausted from the compound movements of the large muscle group exercises.

Just my .02, but then again I'm a rook, so I dont' know my ass from a hole in the ground either..:eek:

Mines similar except I use the pre-exhaustive approach. Back/Bi's and Chest/Tri's only two arm exercises each time for a total of 8 sets.

Top Bottom