Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many pounds more do you try to put up each month on your benchpress?

angleslam

I was just wondering how many pounds everyone tries to go up a month when they max out(providing you try to max out once a month) on your bench press when your NOT on a cycle(providing you arent natural)..thanks

Well I aim for 1000lbs extra a month......naturally I fail miserably.....but thats just more incentive to get it next time :)

Its tough to say really......If I got 10lb a month I'd be happy (a full 120lb a year)......5lb would put a smile on my face. But as Bigsatan says.....it depends where ur at with your training and whether you train for strength or looks.

When I'm in a mass program, I just aim to add one 2 1/2lb plate on each side of the bar every week. It's such a small increase that your body probably won't notice it, but it ends up to be 40+lbs after 8 weeks, that you will grow off of.

statistically speaking you are correct......... in reality.... you are way wrong.

you body does notice the 2.5's each week. after 4 weeks......... you will think those 2.5's really way 20lbs each....... your bench will stall.... and then will get weaker..

change up your exercises everso often.

X

Fractional Plates

seem to be rage nowadays.

If you don't have any or dont want to spend the cash, grab yourself some big washers (big enough to go around the end of an olympic bar) Grab 6 or so and add one pair a week, until you have all three on- then at the end of the month remove them, add a 2.5 to each side and start the whole process again.

One more each time

Every workout, I squeeze one more rep at the same weight. When I can complete two more reps I go up in weight. About 10 lbs per month.

needsize said:
When I'm in a mass program, I just aim to add one 2 1/2lb plate on each side of the bar every week. It's such a small increase that your body probably won't notice it, but it ends up to be 40+lbs after 8 weeks, that you will grow off of.

great advice

how about when your "on"

do you try for even more? or is that when you are on.?

I try for any improvment. Like 1 more rep on my last lift from the previous lift. Last week I got 315 twice this week I'm hoping for three times. I usually aim for five pounds a week on my lifts if my diets good.

Top Bottom