Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many leg exercises do you REALLY need?

EnderJE

EF VIP
Lately, I've just been doing full squats (6 sets) and sumo deads (6 sets) for my leg workout. Isn't this enough or are lunges / step ups really necessary?

Just looking for opinions.

squats, front/hack squats, leg curls.....done

EnderJE said:
Lately, I've just been doing full squats (6 sets) and sumo deads (6 sets) for my leg workout. Isn't this enough or are lunges / step ups really necessary?

Just looking for opinions.

When I was training PL.. just for strength all i would do is Squats, DL's nothing else. I'd do some front squats in there every now and again and some db dl's.

Training different I've added to my routine.

Squats
SLDL
Extension
ham curls

I stick with the big exercises and rotate the extensions and ham curls with walking lunges and step ups.

Frisky said:
When I was training PL.. just for strength all i would do is Squats, DL's nothing else. I'd do some front squats in there every now and again and some db dl's.

Training different I've added to my routine.

Squats
SLDL
Extension
ham curls

I stick with the big exercises and rotate the extensions and ham curls with walking lunges and step ups.
But if bulking / cutting is mainly diet, then can't you just stick to squats / deads?

EnderJE said:
But if bulking / cutting is mainly diet, then can't you just stick to squats / deads?

Well... For strenght I could care less what my legs looked like.. lol

doing bb I have to make sure I work specific muscles. I found that my quad sweep wasn't as visible doing just squats..but my hams were popping. My legs grow crazy when i squat so I have actually dropped them for now and I'm only doing Walking Lunges and SLDL's High reps to bring out my legs abit.. I have the size but i need the seperation.

i was trying to cut down on leg stuff because my legs are alot more bigger huger than my upper body, and i was doing squats, leg press, leg curls on leg day then i was doing deads on back day,

i dropped the leg press and my legs got even bigger and stronger :worried:

so IMO all u need is squats (i do mine wide stance feet pointed outwardish) and dls, and most likely sldls for ur hamstrings

when im done with 5x5 if i dont decide to do it again right away ill prolly have only squats and maybe sldls for leg day

it depends on your goal
but realistically all you need to do is squat...period!!!!
one all out low rep set of 5-8 reps follow that with an all out 15-20 rep set
quad growth!!! make sure that you are using a somewhat close stance..going to wide will take the quads out of the lift which is how i squat and i could give 2 shits how my outer sweep is :chomp:

Chicks dig the vastus lateralus.

Top Bottom