Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many have recurring lower abdominal tenderness?

casavant

Every time I start bulking and hitting heavy squats, deads, BB rows, etc., I get some lower abdominal tenderness on my right side. I've had this on and off since I was eighteen. I'm 22 now. I've had the doc check it three different times (fun fun) and he found nothing. I have no bump- no hernia, but the tenderness comes back every time I start going heavy. The other day, it even started spasming a little while I was sitting at my desk.

Anybody else have anything like this without having a full blown hernia? Like I said, I've had it for years and it hasn't gotten any worse (knock on wood), but I'm hoping I don't get a nasty surprise one day. Thanks.

Its more than likely a hernia. Not all hernias are palpable or incarcerated, therefore, your doctor may not be able to feel or reduce it.

The best thing to do is strengthen your abdominals the best you can, and keep an eye on it.

/chad
carolinapower.net

I've had something like that- it was an abdominal hernia. The sports doc said what chad said- strengthen my abs. They actually WERE pretty strong, but the rest of me was getting stronger, faster.
He also told me to wear a belt for all lifts for the next year btw. Since the year has been up, i haven't had a problem since (although my abs often cramp up which is incredibly painful).
good luck
gabrielle

Thanks fellas. I know SOMETHING down there isn't right. I have thick abs as it is, but maybe I'll start doing some ab exercises like hanging crunches and stuff. Thanks for your input. It us much appreciated.

I'm not attempting to diagnose, and I don't know exactly where you hurt, but I might tend to agree that it's a POTENTIAL hernia. Men are very susceptible to hernias in that area because when the testicles drop, it essentially leaves a "pocket" of space where there's no protection between the inner-tube and the tire, so to speak...nothing standing between the organs/tissue and your skin. Like I said, I don't know WHERE exactly you are having this pain, but it may be worth wrapping, or wearing a tight belt and "using your air" for protection.

spatts said:
I'm not attempting to diagnose, and I don't know exactly where you hurt, but I might tend to agree that it's a POTENTIAL hernia. Men are very susceptible to hernias in that area because when the testicles drop, it essentially leaves a "pocket" of space where there's no protection between the inner-tube and the tire, so to speak...nothing standing between the organs/tissue and your skin. Like I said, I don't know WHERE exactly you are having this pain, but it may be worth wrapping, or wearing a tight belt and "using your air" for protection.

Oh yeah, I'm sure it's a potential hernia. It's right there in prime hernia territory. But it hasn't gone full blown in the past four years. A belt actually seems to increase pressure down there like when you squeeze a water balloon on one end.

What exactly is "using your air"? I've read about powerlifters sucking air down into their bellies to stabilize the hip flexors (?). Is that what you're talking about? It seems that that would aggravate the condition even more, but maybe I'm wrong. Thanks.

Don't wear the belt so tight that is squeezes your innards out. Just wear it snug.

As for taking it air, yes, that can aggrivate a hernia. Increasing intrabdominal pressure is how us clinicians checking for hernias...this is why your doctor tells you to turn your head and 'cough'. The coughing inreases intraabdominal pressure.

P.S. The only reason we tell you to 'turn your head' is so you don't cough on us! :mad:

/chad
carolinapower.net

Top Bottom