Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many exercises per body part?

15yroldinNY

Someone told me 3-4 exercises per body part is good. I want to do around 5-8. How will affect my gains etc..?Whats correct?

18 sets for 10 reps is plenty. As a beginner you may want to force your body to get used to a heavy workload and do a few more sets.
Otherwise 12-15 sets is fine per bodypart.

Make sure you don't spend more than 90 minutes at a time doing heavy lifting, unless you are on AS or have an extremely responsive bodytype. 60 minutes ought to be enough, if you can still lift heavy after 90 minutes then you probably didn't train hard enough.

hardgainer (yeah)

Yeah, I agree. For a 15 yr old 15 sets of 10 is plenty. Plenty for overtraining, possible injury, and halting all body building progress. I posted some info on this thread: muscle fibers by USAF OKIEONE. Before doing a high volume workout, read my posts in that thread. Also, remember to check your sources. Before accepting advice, read some of that person's other posts and ?'s to determine if they know what they are talking about.

It absolutely PISSES me off when someone answers a legitimate question with BULLSHIT information.

18 sets of 10 reps. What is that, 6 exercises for 3 sets of 10 PER BODYPART for a BEGINNER? A15 YEAR OLD BEGINNER?

Good Advice einstein1, It's a damn shame that we have to go through measures like that because of a very few DAMN IDIOTS on this board.

15yroldinNY,

Stick with the 3 sets of ten. Do 2 or maybe three excercises per bodypart. Say, 2 for smaller muscle groups and three for larger. Pay close attention to your form, even if you have to go with lower weights. Set up a routine and stick to it for at least two months. Pay attention to what works and change what doesn't. Either increase reps or increase weight EVERY workout. Don't over do specific body parts ie Biceps. You don't want to end up as one of those guys with huge arms and NO shoulders, chest or legs.

At your age you could problably go with working each muscle group twice a week. Say a 3 day routine twice a week. If you don't see the gains or you stop gaining move to a 4 or 5 day routine and work each muscle group once a week. Get plenty of rest. Muscle development and growth occurs OUTSIDE the gym.

Pay attention to your diet. Focus on getting at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, preferrably 1.5 grams per pound of body weigth.

Don't waste money on supplements other than protein powders. Your body is nearing it's peak test production and you shouldn't have any trouble making gains in both strength and size.

MOST OF ALL, Be patient and Disciplined. Give each Muscle group AT LEAST 48 hours of rest. If you try to rush it you loose.

Good Luck

Last edited:
don't do ten reps just because your supposed to do 10 reps. do it because that's the most you could possibly do. try and do 12 reps and fail at 9-10 thats more productive. and IMHO you only need 3 exercises per muscle and 2 working sets per exercise. Beginner or not.

btw: chill out 39and-is-39-no-matter-how-you-feel

Top Bottom