Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how many days of squats a day?

Mark/A

what's up boys, I was wondering how many days a weeks is convenient to squat and not over train your legs, I'm a cyclist and I need to have legs on point for upcoming competitions, do you think monday and wednesday is ok? of your leg muscles need longer recovery than that in between work outs? thanks

There's really no such thing as too much leg training in absolute terms. Olympic weightlifters can squat, snatch, and clean heavy twice a day daily with a carefully tailored diet and plenty of rest. 2 squat days and 1 heavy deadlift day is usually the sweet spot for me, but I don't train for any sport outside of powerlifting.
In short, if you're squatting once a week right now, try twice a week and see how you feel. Try to keep your volume on accessory lifts low until you figure out how you respond to the increased squat volume.

Your legs are a very versatile and durable muscle. They can really take a beating. That being said, I don't think squatting more then 2-3 days per week is smart. Remember that when you are in the gym training, you are actually breaking your muscles down. It's when you rest and recover that your muscles actually grow and repair.

I would do squats MF or MWF. If you are squatting that frequently, you won't be able to do a huge amount of volume in each session. Get in the gym, hit it hard and then get out. You can't do marathon long workouts training legs that frequently.

I think it is ideal to train any muscle group 1-2 times per week. Squats are a very taxing exercise so I would say the important thing is to listen to your body. If you need the extra day or so to recover then take it.

Top Bottom