Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many days off before...

boomer33

How many days off before we start to lose our gains? I wanted to know how long it took the body to start losing strength and muscle. Let me know please!

there is no set number

i can tell you if you are 'losing gains' in a lot of cases you never had real muscle to begin with.. too many guys (lets face it the younger crowd) thinks water retention in the muscles are really gains.. they aren't. that is fluff

It's impossible question. If you are eating the same way you used to before it's gonna take weeks if not even months to notice any significant drop in muscle mass.

Strength however is much easier to lose because it's more like a neurological thing.

It doesn't really matter. After all whatever you lose you can gain back. I've recounted on several occasions on how I had a bad back injury which laid me up and out of the gym for 16 weeks.

I did rehab for about 10 of those weeks (15-30 minutes a night). Once I recovered and using the experience I had after competitions I deliberately came back to the gym aiming to lift only 60% of the numbers I was using before the injury. I held back from going as quick as possible back to where I was lifting before. It took me about 8 weeks to get to 80% which is a good starting point for any program. A year later I broke another world record.

What does happen a LOT and which I've also written on a few times is that people gain on cycle and lose ALL their gains. But that's cos they fuck up. It's not necessarily a given. All to often it's down to be gung-ho on and piss poor off. Well d'uh. Try being gun-ho ALL the time and see if you can keep more of the gains.

Top Bottom