Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many days to lose?

gun655

I wanted to know what the maximum amount of rest days someone can take before strength and size gains are compromised ???

muscle conditioning starts to drop after even 1 week off technicality. once you get to 2 weeks and 3 weeks you will come back and notice you are much weaker and sore.

but if you are that obsessed with it then this tells me you haven't put in the hours and consistency yet. because as mobster said 'who cares'.. pro athletes have offseasons, then come back strong each season.. they been doing it all their lives so they have a ton of body memory

it actually isn't a bad idea to take time away once or twice a year and let the body repair a bit.. in fact i recommend my clients do 1 month of bikram yoga once a year just to help with imbalances and flexibility, then go back to the grind again. you will actually benefit greatly from this

It's pretty much impossible to tell. Strength can be lost a lot faster but actual muscle loss...who knows. It depends so much on your diet, genetics, physiology...like I said no one can tell.

I wanted to know what the maximum amount of rest days someone can take before strength and size gains are compromised ???
I take 7 to 10 days off from the gym every 3 to 4 months. It's good for the body if you lift like I do with intensity, implementing progressive overload correctly, etc. I believe they are FAR more beneficial than active deloads. It really helps reignite and initiate gains when you go back giving your body that time to recover. I always go back and start off very strong, ready, and rested. I've went up to 14 days. I would not recommend longer than that, but muscle atrophy and strength loss takes a lot longer than most people think as long as you are fueling your body correctly

Top Bottom