Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how many days between working the same muscle??

dEgeNeRaTe8211

sometimes i have only one day in between when i do my arms and shoulders. i know some ppl do each muscle only once a week...but that seems like not alot. also, is it okay to to abwork like everyday?? cuz i know abs are a muscle too...but i'm not sure if its okay to to them 5x a week.

dEgeNeRaTe8211 said:
sometimes i have only one day in between when i do my arms and shoulders.

what do you mean doing bis/tris then something else then shoulders no problems with that. If you ment bis/tris/shoulders then something else then hit bis/tris/shoulders you need more time to recover.

Abs are strange some people train them like any other muscle but since Ab size isn't the biggest factor to seeing them their training method is less crucial.

Some train them everyday as a warm up, some train em every other day (as I do), some train them once a week or rarely to never at all. People can seem to get by on everyone of the methods.

Some use high reps some use weights, I believe weights are more effective, but the high reps are real intense and I feel I burn a shit load of calories sweating my ass of which in the end along w/ diet is what really matters.

I prefer every other day with weights, there usually sore the following day. I thorw in high reps once in a while just for the burn or when I'm sick of cardio.

cool, thanx for the help enock.

...but sorry ppl...i just read abbaddon's thread about recovery time and stuff. that clarified alot. so then my thread is useless.
later

Your body needs to be worked hard and torn apart then it needs rest to grow. Once a week is enough if you train hard enough and if you're not training hard 7x a week won't help either. Try abs every other day.

How often you work a muscle depends on how quickly you can recovery. Some people can get away with twice a week per muscle. Even if you recover very quickly I think it's a good idea to wait a minimum of 48 hours before hitting the same muscle again. As far as ab training goes, it's like you said, just like every other muscle. Twice a week is enough. BTW, you can train em for years, if your bf is too high you ain't gonna see em.

on my present routine I wait 5 days untill training the same muscle. It's ok to do abs 5X a week. Abs and cavles have a faster recovery rate then any other muscle or muscle group in your body. The reason for only training a body part once a week is to make sure that it's fully recovered and up to optimal potential.

How do calves and abs recover faster? I think it's bull. I did heavy calf raises and I could barely walk for days. I've had sore abs for days too. I think this one goes on the myth list.

Top Bottom