Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Long Are Your Legs Sore After You Do Them?

curling

Man, I feel like somebody beat my legs with a sledge hammer for two or three days afterwards. Do ya'll's soreness last that long too?

over-soreness can mean overkill. if your legs only require a certain level of stimulation to grow (minimal soreness) why walk around barely able to stand for 5 days? stimulate muscle growth and get out of the gym. eat big, sleep and repeat every other day

bbuniv1.jpg

the pain in my legs and glutes is the worst on day 2...still there on day 3 and not fully gone until the end of day 4.

heavywear said:
over-soreness can mean overkill. if your legs only require a certain level of stimulation to grow (minimal soreness) why walk around barely able to stand for 5 days? stimulate muscle growth and get out of the gym. eat big, sleep and repeat every other day

bbuniv1.jpg

So your saying not to go heavy on leg day? Or inotherwords, don't train so hard that I get as sore as I am. I mean my legs are hammered. Normally they aren't quite this bad but I have missed two weeks working them and I hit them as hard as I ever do Saturday morning. I mean I don't think I am going to be able to do cardio tonight.

no, not saying that at all. has nothing to do with poundages but volume. Soreness of that intensity is always a signal to me that I did too much, ate or rested too litttle. Cut back on the volume for the same results (growth/strength) with less soreness and more recovery. Give me ani dea of your leg day. Mine involves 2 blistering work sets of squats and 3 intense work sets of leg curls. I get bigger and stronger every month...

Heavywear,

Leg Day:

One warm up set of squats. Then three sets of progressively getting heavier each set to almost failure 8 reps. Then three sets of leg presses 8 to 10 rep range. Then three sets of leg extention "heavy" 8 to 10 rep range to failure and then three sets of leg curls to failure 8 to 10 rep range.

curling said:
...I have missed two weeks working them and I hit them as hard as I ever do Saturday morning. I mean I don't think I am going to be able to do cardio tonight.

there's yer problem. taking a two week break gives your muscles the opportunity to fully heal. when you go back and hit the weights hard, your muscles tear right open. that pain you're feeling is lactic acid buildup. the simplest way to avoid this is to STRETCH BEFORE and even more-so AFTER. you don't need to look stupid... just do it at home after a workout. that's the best way of relieving this. but additional sleep is required for freshly torn muscles.. your body's out of the normal tear-and-rebuild cycle so it might need some help getting started. if i get under 8 hours of sleep after a hard workout, i'm sore as hell, and it kills me for the rest of the day. follow heavywear's suggestion: eat big, sleep, repeat.

cheers,

--Hess

Top Bottom