Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long should I rest ??

Diesilxxx

Hi I have been going to the gym & doing chest & shoulders / arms in a session , my question is how long should I rest upper body for before I go and train upper body again ?? Someone said a week someone else said 3 days ??

Any advice would be great , much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness

If you're going for hypertrophy you shouldn't be training how many body parts in a day. If you're going for maintenance you could probably hit that protocol twice a week..... but everybody's different

I do shoulder press , bicep curls bench press & free weights for arms & shoulders do you think that’s too many muscles / workouts in one session ?? Thanks for the reply , alot of learning to do lol

Hi I have been going to the gym & doing chest & shoulders / arms in a session , my question is how long should I rest upper body for before I go and train upper body again ?? Someone said a week someone else said 3 days ??

Any advice would be great , much appreciated

Don't worry about other people. When YOU'RE recovered is when you can train it again.

there is no cookie cutter answer cause it depends on the intensity of the workout and how much quality sleep you get

I can tell you this if you train your shoulders intensely more than once or twice a week you will end up with a torn rotator cuff in no time

do NFL athletes play a game every day? no they don't.. they take a full week between games for a reason. and when they play a thursday game on a short week there are many more injuries for a reason. in the NHL the team that had to play a road game 2 straight nights rests their goalie for one of those games for a reason too. you pound your body into the dirt you will only set yourself back.. rest is needed

I do shoulder press , bicep curls bench press & free weights for arms & shoulders do you think that’s too many muscles / workouts in one session ?? Thanks for the reply , alot of learning to do lol

If you're going for hypertrophy you shouldn't be training that many body parts in a day. If you're going for maintenance you could probably hit that protocol twice a week..... but everybody's different

Top Bottom