Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long does it take until you start seeing strength gains after taking a long break

Re: How long does it take until you start seeing strength gains after taking a long b

also I would reverse that. Id say however much time you take off it will take 1/2 as long to recover it. Muscle memory is an amazing thing. If glad took 3 months off he should be getting back to his max number within a month or month and a half.

Re: How long does it take until you start seeing strength gains after taking a long b

^^^ your right.. muscle memory is wonderful. and I know glad is a beast but come on.. you really think any person is capable of putting back on 100 pounds of strength in a month and a half? the problem with that is it kinda is a slap in the face for people like me that have been busting our butts for 2 years straight nonstop. i might as well take 3 months off and then come back and be right back in the same place after 90 days right? or is that kinda unrealistic?

but hey everyone on here is subject to their opinion, thats why this forum is so great!

i have taken a couple extended layoffs in the last few years...
my belief it this... the longer you've had your strength, the harder it is to lose, and the easier it is to build back up...
however, for someone newer i would say someone only training for a year or so, they are going to lose much more and probably spending almost as long getting it back as when they started...
im sure there are quite a few other factors as well... someone laying around on a couch all day is probably going to have a much harder time getting back than someone shoveling concrete... as with someone who ceases to eat enough vs. someone that gets in the extra calories....

yea def agree with you moya about the different factors. I like the 5x5 in the idea that it has me going up every week and it is based off of percentages, and making small jumps. Im in no rush to get my strength back however so Im ok with the small jumps

Just sucks repping 315 on bench, then repping 245 instead :(

The good thing is that I always keep a 6 pack and I still look good lol. Thanks guys, this was a good read for me. Thanks for all the posts. Steve I know what you are saying, but with the 5x5 you are doing lifts consistent enough to get gains imo, so 3 days a week should be ok for me to get back my strength fairly quickly

The nice thing will be that every week will seem light if my muscle memory kicks in, because 5x5 works for people that have been working out and NOT taken a long break like I did. I remember going 10 straight weeks on the 5x5 which put 30lbs on my bench. I think ill get 50lbs back on my bench this time around

^^^ your right.. muscle memory is wonderful. and I know glad is a beast but come on.. you really think any person is capable of putting back on 100 pounds of strength in a month and a half? the problem with that is it kinda is a slap in the face for people like me that have been busting our butts for 2 years straight nonstop. i might as well take 3 months off and then come back and be right back in the same place after 90 days right? or is that kinda unrealistic?

but hey everyone on here is subject to their opinion, thats why this forum is so great!

oh I didnt mean those max numbers he posted sorry I should have been more clear I was thinking his max natural numbers. Those numbers were on cycle I think within 1.5 months on the 5x5 he could be putting up some great natty numbers though

Top Bottom