Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long do your legs stay sore?

Fast Twitch Fiber

After leg day I'm usually hurting for 5 days. This sucks because I do deadlifts on the 4th day after legs. This causes my quads (especially groin area) to cramp up like a bitch when deadlifting. I used to eliminate this problem by squatting and deadlifting on the same day but I would always be weak on whichever lift I did second. Keep in mind, my legs aren't just a little sore, they are often so sore and stiff that I have to sit down in an exxageratedly slow speed. I'm sure I look like a senior citizen walking around.

ill tell you what, my legs arent too sore the day after working out legs, but the day after that, i cant walk. i think if you stretch your legs out pre and post workout, and every day after your legs will be alot better.

at least two days

I do work legs every week and have for a long time but the soreness doesn't get any better. Maybe I need more warm up time. Right now I do 5 minutes on the bike plus 3 warm up sets of squats. I'm trying to work some more stretching into my program as well.

Maybe lower the volume you are doing on legs a bit, like do one set less, definitely make sure you stretch. Do you do any cardio on the days after legs? I find running the next day is a no no, but a slow run for like 10-15 mins after doing legs as a cool down and two days later to get the blood back into the legs may help you recover quicker also.
I find my Hams take much longer to recover than my quads on high volume.
Quads = 2-4 days
Hams = 3-5 days, sometimes even 6.... but not so bad that I can't work them out...

Stretching pre and postworkout is the key, it will reduce soreness BIGTIME. Ever forget to stretch calves before working them and find yourself walking around on your tip toes for 2 days after, because i know i have.

Fast Twitch Fiber said:
After leg day I'm usually hurting for 5 days. This sucks because I do deadlifts on the 4th day after legs. This causes my quads (especially groin area) to cramp up like a bitch when deadlifting. I used to eliminate this problem by squatting and deadlifting on the same day but I would always be weak on whichever lift I did second. Keep in mind, my legs aren't just a little sore, they are often so sore and stiff that I have to sit down in an exxageratedly slow speed. I'm sure I look like a senior citizen walking around.
what is your leg routine like? something doesnt seem right...your taking way too long to recover..if this is the case you would prolly see better gains with less vlolume

Top Bottom