Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long do you guys usually go before a de-load or rest week?

How often do you guys take breaks from lifting?

• Total voters

the-junk

Just want to get a general idea of how often some of the heavy lifters on here take time off? I would love to hear some reasons (scientific or not)on what you guys think is best also.

For me I am usually dumb and push through any pain and avoid any sort of extended recovery. I just can't get past the mental part of feeling like I should be in the gym and not at home playing PS3.

whenever I need it, there is no formula. When I take a break it should be no longer than a week or you will lose strength

not very often....usually, 3-4 days off every 4-5 months.

Not unless needed basically if I aint sore I aint resting vacations are my time off I'm going to vegas this weekend hehehe

I just got back into serious lifting a little over 3 months ago and I just took a week off last week after doing 5x5 the whole time.

I've started a 5-3-1 program and that'll have me doing a deload week every 4th week. I don't actually stop lifting that week, but drop all the weights to like half so it serves as a deload week.

I just got back into serious lifting a little over 3 months ago and I just took a week off last week after doing 5x5 the whole time.

I've started a 5-3-1 program and that'll have me doing a deload week every 4th week. I don't actually stop lifting that week, but drop all the weights to like half so it serves as a deload week.

LEt me know how you like the 5-3-1 orb

Yeah good luck with the 5-3-1. It`s one of the most solid programs out there IMHO. Like you said the de-load weeks are programmed for you to follow. I honestly never felt like I needed the de-loads though, it was really hard for me to go and push 60 % for reps when all I wanted to do was throw some heavy weight around.

Wendler says his program allows for a lot of flexibility to suit the individual lifter. I think as long as you are making gains on your big three ( or big four in this case) you should be able to judge weather you need the de-load weeks or not.

If you`re wondering I did use the de-load weeks as well as his `recommended` assistance lifts. The ONLY change I made to the program was I added in power cleans after my deadlifts just because I love them so much

I never take a week off unless I'm sick or injured. I will prob be taking off three days this upcoming week but just because of work. I have been going really hard for the last few months so I think its needed though. I am with everybody else whenever I'm not in the gym its all I think about. I feel a ton of guilt.

I try not to take very many days off at once-usually take 2-3 days off every 4-6 weeks. But they're for actual reasons, not just because I need a week of/am tired.

Top Bottom