Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long before you bail on a routine?

Subprime26

My goal is to shed some body fat and get lean. After a 6 month break I started lifting again in mid December, 4 days a week weight training with no cardio. I definitely started to lose some fat in the belly area and continued this routine until the end of March.

I switched to a circuit routine 3 days a week mostly consisting of trx exercises. It was supposed to include 2 days of cardio, but I have been very inconsistent with that part.

It's been about a month and so far I am unhappy with the lack of progress. I did realize I was taking in about 200 calories more per day than my goal so I need to make that adjustment, but I'm wondering if I should bail out now and go back to the 4 days of weight training. Or should i make the necessary diet adjustments and stick with it for at least another month?

Generally speaking, you want to stick with a workout routine 6-8 weeks before switching. The reason for that is the first few weeks your nervous system gets more efficient at the movements. You getting stronger because your nervous system becomes more efficient. Actual muscle adaption and growth occurs in weeks 4-8.

I have my daily workouts logged in my pre-contest log. You could follow my workouts if you want a new workout routine. Muskate's Pre-contest training log

Thanks for the reply. I might try to stick it out a little longer.

I've always gauged my initial progress by whether my clothes are getting tighter or looser and for the last month there's been no change.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom