Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how intense is ur cardio while bulking??

ozcroboy

what sort of pace do u guys do ur cardio when trying to size up? is 3 x 20 min runs a week at about a pretty qwik pace so ur dripping sweat too intense or shud i slow it down to a qwik walk so i dont lose too much muscle size. im approx 15% bf n want to get to about 10-12% while still bulking up.

You should focus on either bulking or dropping fat, and not trying to half-ass both at the same time.

If you're trying to bulk then generally you should be doing little to no cardio. Every calorie you burn with cardio is more food you need to eat to make up for it in order to stay at a surplus.

If you're trying to drop fat then you need a caloric deficit of some kind, either through food/cardio/weightlifting/gpp or a combination thereof.

I learned the hard way that you can't bulk and cut @ the same time...

Build it
Shape it
Shread it

But don't neglect cardio while bulking, cardio will increase your appitite......but keep it moderate during a bulking phase...

~EZ

So glad u guys are posting! I've wondered this for a while now! I'm training for a 10k. So running along with extreme cardio ( military stuff) my goal is to also build endurance for a race. Problem is every since I've added loads of cardio I've noticed some loose skin around my quads. Major prob here. Not sure if I should continue to train run and add some heavy lifting twice a week or???? Confused. Female

So glad u guys are posting! I've wondered this for a while now! I'm training for a 10k. So running along with extreme cardio ( military stuff) my goal is to also build endurance for a race. Problem is every since I've added loads of cardio I've noticed some loose skin around my quads. Major prob here. Not sure if I should continue to train run and add some heavy lifting twice a week or???? Confused. Female

Depending on what exactly you're doing for your training, high amounts of cardio tends to result in muscle wasting (obviously in addition to fat loss).

If you want to prevent your thighs (and whatever else) from shrinking further, you need to eat more. Athletes training hard often consume 10k+ calories a day. Not saying you should do that exactly, but something to keep in perspective.

Heavy lifting will also help to prevent muscle wasting. By heavy I mean using loads that are something like 80-85% of your 1 rep max and up. Or in other words, lifting weights you can ideally only do for around 5 reps or less.

Just remember, the more activity you are adding, the more calories you need to consume to support it (without continuing to shrink at least).

Top Bottom