Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how to increase cardio??

For an athlete such as yourself, the only thing long runs would be good for, is to clear your mind. In order to reach a superior athletic level, you need to concentrate on intense aerobic work. Tabatas and complexes or two of the best methods suited to this purpose. Check out the site listed in the signature, I will be posting an article on tabata complex hybrids. I just finished designing this program for a client of mine. It is ridiculously effective at shedding body fat and creating sick cuts.

PlatinumFitnessIPTS.com Improving Performance Through Science

no those are separate days.. I would do EOD OR you can do the sprint and LSD EOD and forget the hill work. that will really improve your endurance and speed in a hurry.

when i would train for 5K's i would do LSD runs 3 out of 4 days (i would log in about 20 miles total in those 3 days) leading up to the race.. then rest the 2 days preceding the race so my muscles are fresh.

they are less hard on your body than interval training or sprints believe it or not .. you are elevating your heart rate up to around 60-70% of max for 60 minutes.. when you sprint you are raising it to 90%.

I would also recommend you find a local running group, there will be people in that group (men and women) who are your speed that you can train with. they have them everywhere, you just have to look for them.

thanks bro, i can easily add that into my routine without interfering with anything. will do asap. good bro

tabatas are great. do burpees, weighted burpees, burpe box jumps, squats, thrusters, hill sprints, prowler sprints, wall ball shots, ball slams, double unders, etc etc :)

then you can also mix the work/rest interval but 20/10 is great.

You can also mix in 'sport specific' exercises like bag work, combos.

IMO long slow cardio is almost useless once you have a good base. so if you have been doing muay thai classes for a year or so focus more on HIGH INTENSITY training with short breaks or rest periods. Keep the workouts under 20 mins for most of your training.

oh and 400m sprints are awesome as well.

thanks bro, i do alot of that stuff between boxing.muay thai. effin burpees lol. we always start with 5 - 3minute rounds of all that kind of stuff with one minute breaks

For an athlete such as yourself, the only thing long runs would be good for, is to clear your mind. In order to reach a superior athletic level, you need to concentrate on intense aerobic work. Tabatas and complexes or two of the best methods suited to this purpose. Check out the site listed in the signature, I will be posting an article on tabata complex hybrids. I just finished designing this program for a client of mine. It is ridiculously effective at shedding body fat and creating sick cuts.

will def look into it bro. thanks

banned, no spamming on this site. you don't get to advertise your shitty site for free sorry

now get lost

If you are doing that stuff already you need to increase the intensity or find some new exercises to mix in. You can try higher boxes, a weight vest or anything you can do to up the intensity. Also switch around the work/rest protocol on your rounds. IMO short hard rounds are better than long rounds. Give it a shot.

bro, way too many different kinds of cardio....

I'll give you an example. I can wrestle four an hour straight, but put me in a boxing ring and I'll probably tire out in 2 rounds.

lol @ spammer bant. there was way too much readin anyways. readin angers me.. anyways:

tom for muay thai we do 3 minute rounds with 1 minute break in between for actual fights, so thats why we start off with that ratio, to get our bodys used to going for 3 minutes and to be used to recovering in 1 minute. even bag work is done in 3 minute sets with 1 minute break. and in the end my final goal is obviously muay thau related. we do alot of that stuff, and yeah def more intensity could help me get thru that plateau. i was coming off an injury so im a bit out of shape atm and struggling with my cardio. im def gonna add these runs in like steve said because it will easily fit into my schedule and i need to shed a little bf too. but yeah ill find a way to mix it up a bit too

look that is a really good start and will go along way. however its similar to not jogging for 30 mins.

right now you are doing 3mins of work 1 min of rest. by 1 min, 2 min your intensity is dropping

try starting with a tabata for 3/4 min that is 20 sec of work 10 sec of rest. do 8 work/rest rounds then take a 1 min break. do that 3 times. the goal is to keep the intensity HIGH through every round. you can do burpees and just track your lowest score. then for another 8 do box jumps or thrusters, or any FULL body / multi joing exercise. You can of course mix in sport specific things like combos etc.

Just give it a try. Havent met someone it didnt help.

Good Luck

Top Bottom