Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How important is "the pump"?

Most people that train don't even understand the most basic concepts are far as building muscle and strength goes. There probably are some beneficial effects to getting a pump, but the name of the game is progression.

People that consistently focus on getting stronger and do adequate volume of work to incur enough muscle fiber damage routinely get bigger and stronger.

Every gym in america has a bagillion guys focused on angle of the dangle and getting "the pump" and get nowhere.

I do believe a pump is beneficial for the muscle because of the increased blood flow and I'm talking about a sleeve bursting pump. That said as I have mentioned before I know plenty of jacked powerlifters that pretty much never get any more than a very small amount of pump just from warming up muscle and getting a little extra blood flow in them.

I guess my real point is that progression should be the focus. Pump is a secondary consideration imo.

absolutely. well put.

Is getting a good pump important at all? If I go to the gym, hit it hard lift heavy with just a few reps, I get home and don't feel like I did shit! But if I do a ton of sets/ reps I get a good pump.

I read years ago that Arnold would leave the gym as soon as he got a good pump, but I read today that if you want to get large and strong, lift heavy, with a few reps.

I'm 6'2"
35 yrs young

if you like to look at yourself in the mirrors at your gym then the pump is essential(but even fattys look good in those mirrors lol)
But if you wanna get big its not really essential

Top Bottom