Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How good were Dorian Yates Genetics?

Dorian yates Genetics

• Below Average (Hardgainer)

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • Average

Votes: 41 8.2%
  • Good

Votes: 88 17.6%
  • Very, very good

Votes: 158 31.7%
  • MONSTER GENETICS!!! MUTANT!!!! GOD OF BODYBUILDING GENETICS!!

Votes: 196 39.3%

• Total voters
S

SSAlexSS

Dorian Yates multiple Mr. Olympia winner trained like a monster, was he a monster?
Flex Wheeler is a genetic mutant who gets far without training at even a small fraction of Dorian Intensity, which brings me toi a question:

How good were dorian yates' genetics?

I think structure wise he sucked. He trained hard, ate right, used a whole lot of drugs which his body reacted unusually well to. There are many pros and amatures with better structures then Dorion.

pgerardone said:
I think structure wise he sucked. He trained hard, ate right, used a whole lot of drugs which his body reacted unusually well to. There are many pros and amatures with better structures then Dorion.

I agree the guy is huge but I think his Physic suck's shawn Ray looks a 100% better at the same weight class. Dorian has fucked up vascularity the veins in his bis squiggle like a crooked river. It kinda looks like varicose veins rather than good circulation.

Dorian Yates
VITAL STATS
Name: Dorian Yates

Born: April 19, 1962

Height: 5'10"

Off Season Weight: Around 280 lbs.

Competition Weight: Around 260 lbs.

Favorite Exercise: Bent-Over Rows

Competitive Record
1984 Mr. Birmingham novice 1st

1985 Novice West Coast (England) 1st

1985 World Games 7th (London)

1986 EFBB British HW 1st (in London)

1988 British Championships 1st

1990 Night of Champions 2nd

1991 Night of Championships 1st

1991 Mr. Olympia 2nd

1991 English Grand Prix 1st

1992 Mr. Olympia 1st

1993 Mr. Olympia 1st

1994 Grand Prix Germany 1st

1994 Grand Prix Spain 1st

1994 Grand Prix England 1st

1994 Mr. Olympia 1st

1995 Mr. Olympia 1st

1996 Mr. Olympia 1st

Dorian Yates

Dorian has won 5 Mr. Olympia's in a row. He is the biggest of the professional bodybuilders and when beside him makes all other bodybuilders look small. His nickname is the 'Shadow'.

Dorian Andrew Mientjez Yates was born April 19, 1962 in England. Dorian was raised in Hurley, in rural Staffordshire. When he was a teenager, his family moved to Birmingham, Britain's second largest city. During these times, Dorian got himself into trouble, and was sentenced to six months at Whatton Youth Detention Centre. It was here that Dorian earned an instant reputation as the strongest and fittest of Whatton's 300 inmates. This gave him new respect for himself. Whatton was the wake up call for Dorian. If he did not do something, he would end up in and out of prison all of his life. Dorian resolved that he would not be back.

In January 1983, Dorian met his future wife Debbie Chin. Their son Lewis, was born in May 1984. Today, Dorian owns the Temple Gym in England. Currently lives in Walmley, Sutton Coldfield, England. He has two boxer dogs names Conan and Samson.

http://www.bodybuilders.com/dorian.htm

Pulled off of that web site. here's an extra pic.

Last edited:
Dorian is divorced now and partying his ass off. :D

Joe Weider is a big part of Dorians success. You dont let your companies highest paid spokesman loose, especially if it's your show(the Olympia), Dorian was good but there were a few years that others were better. The Olympia needs to be a show not tied to a individual, Weider has alot to gain or loose by who wins, and it shows. Too many politics. JMO

Very Average...

There is picture of Dorian literally months before he started lifting in a book called "Blood In The Face" and he looks VERY average, almost skinny.

I can't believe that anyone would consider dorian's genetics average or below average! So what if he was skinny before he started training. Genetics don't only involve initial bone structure and muscle mass. They include how ones body adapts to training. There is no way a true hardgainer could get to 280lbs. Everyone responds different to different training regimens also. So what if Flex Wheeler doesn't train at the same intensity as Dorian. Maybe if he did it would do jack for him, and he might even lose weight. I am not saying it takes freak genetics to be a freak, but it definately takes above average genetics. Maybe your perception of average is messed up.

Peace

Top Bottom