Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How good were Dorian Yates Genetics?

Dorian yates Genetics

• Below Average (Hardgainer)

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • Average

Votes: 41 8.2%
  • Good

Votes: 88 17.6%
  • Very, very good

Votes: 158 31.7%
  • MONSTER GENETICS!!! MUTANT!!!! GOD OF BODYBUILDING GENETICS!!

Votes: 196 39.3%

• Total voters
I don't like his look. His body is very rugged and to me looks unsymetrical. He's massive, no doubt, but I think Nasser, Ray, and Flex had better physiques than Dorian and should have beat him in at least two of those olympias

Let me say Dorian has been my favorite pro since I started lifting. But, with as much juice as ALL pros take, aren't "genetics" kind of a moot point? Dorian himself said that All things being equal (drugs), it was his training that set him apart from the other pros.

mrhoon said:
Let me say Dorian has been my favorite pro since I started lifting. But, with as much juice as ALL pros take, aren't "genetics" kind of a moot point? Dorian himself said that All things being equal (drugs), it was his training that set him apart from the other pros.
Genetics are THE most important factor in professional bodybuilding. Genetics determine how your body responds to steroids. All things being equal (drugs) genetics separate the men from the boys. If genetics weren't important then everyone would look like Arnold Schwarzenegger or Ronnie Coleman provided they had enough drugs... which isn't possible.

I really don't believe that training is as important as many people think. I mean, Dillett had an awesome physique and his work ethic was worse than just about everyone on this boards... Genetics gave him his awesome physique. If he had worked harder then perhaps he would have been able to build a back, but perhaps he wouldn't have been able to. Markus Ruhl trains his triceps like a madman and to this day he has the worst triceps ever. :) His genetics limit his tricep's ability to grow. Hell, his girlfriend has better triceps than him.

The most important things to become a pro, in my opinion, are:

1) Genetics: THE most important factor.
2) Drugs & Diet: Both are just about equally important.
3) Training: Intensity, consistency, etc.
4) Everything else

scriptfactory said:
This is a poorly worded statement. :) I weigh about 255 at 6'1" and have a 38" waist. I'm a fatty. I'm sure there are more people with average genetics that can weigh this much. I've never even touched juice. ;) I agree with everything else you said.

i can dig it

i'm 6'4" 270 with a 36" waist. i'm definitely an amateur, but i practice proper form, don't use juice (yet), and push myself hard slangin' iron. Italian heritage won't let me give up and good old irish genetics makes bulking easy =)

Top Bottom