Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How good were Dorian Yates Genetics?

Dorian yates Genetics

• Below Average (Hardgainer)

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • Average

Votes: 41 8.2%
  • Good

Votes: 88 17.6%
  • Very, very good

Votes: 158 31.7%
  • MONSTER GENETICS!!! MUTANT!!!! GOD OF BODYBUILDING GENETICS!!

Votes: 196 39.3%

• Total voters
Not knocking Flex in any way shape or form. Trust me dude is a genetic freak, but perhaps if he trained like Dorian he might have won a Sandow or two or three.

i think the thing i admire about dorian would have to be the training intensity and TECHNIQUE he used when training all he movements were textbook. A lot could learn from it. My hats off to the man..... :supercool

he said himself that he just had average genetics but outworked everyone else to the top.

pgerardone said:
Sorry to say but training does not have much to do with who becomes Mr. Olympia. Dorian clearly trained harder then most and was an intelligent bodybuilder. But the number one thing that separates the top pros from others is an unusually good reaction to anabolics. You probably train harder then most pros do or at least as hard. These top guys just turn into freaks when anabolics are introduced in their regime. As for Dorian having good genetics, he of course did not have bad genetics. But personally I never liked his physique and never thought he was a good representative of the sport. He was huge and hard but not at all pleasant to look at. He was down right ugly. Ronnie is bigger then Dorian ever was but at least he has a body the flows together well. When I looked at Dorian what I saw were huge body parts stuck together without a semblance of a pleasant shape. I really believe, and of course this is my opinion, that Dorian was the worst Mr. Olympia ever. Of course you must take into consideration the time frame as you can not compare todays Mr. Olympia to Lee Haney. But taken in the context of the time period I really think Dorian was the poorest Mr. Olympia ever chosen.

Lets not forget that Dorian also retired before the SYNTHOL Era in bodybuilding , Dorian always looked hard and beat his competitors in 9 out of 10 poses. If anyone wants to talk about someone who should have lost in the MR. Olympia go back to 2 years ago Coleman Vs. Cutler . Coleman doesn't have the all around hard look dorian had in his prime , coleman looks bulky and smooth and what the hell is up with those retarded abs and lats this guy has. Also if you dont think those smooth body parts on coleman aren't loaded with synthol your crazy. As for Dorian being the poorest Mr Olympia ever chosen , he forced Lee Haney into retirement by beating him in the physique round at the 91 Olympia. The only time he ever had a chance at losing in the olympia was during injury years like 96 where he nearly died 6 weeks out from the olympia. Put him next to any one from his era he Dominated Levrone , sonbaty , wheeler , and shawn ray in 9 out of 10 poses and was more consistent then any of them. He never lost a competition after he became mr. o unlike ronnie coleman who should be 4 time Mr. Olympia with Cutler being the current reigning Mr. O. Dorian also never had Weider put out a flex magazine with the person taking 2nd place ( Jay Cutler) Titled MR .Olympia ?

As for him winning in the worst era ever in bodybuilding , this is without a doubt the stupidest comment i have ever seen posted. All the experts had said for years that dorian won olympias when competition had never been stronger . Unlike his predacessors dorian had to compete with 10 guys who had awesome physiques not 2 like in the schwartzanegger / Haney era's.

Last edited:
yatesolympia said:
Lets not forget that Dorian also retired before the SYNTHOL Era in bodybuilding , Dorian always looked hard and beat his competitors in 9 out of 10 poses. If anyone wants to talk about someone who should have lost in the MR. Olympia go back to 2 years ago Coleman Vs. Cutler . Coleman doesn't have the all around hard look dorian had in his prime , coleman looks bulky and smooth and what the hell is up with those retarded abs and lats this guy has. Also if you dont think those smooth body parts on coleman aren't loaded with synthol your crazy. As for Dorian being the poorest Mr Olympia ever chosen , he forced Lee Haney into retirement by beating him in the physique round at the 91 Olympia. The only time he ever had a chance at losing in the olympia was during injury years like 96 where he nearly died 6 weeks out from the olympia. Put him next to any one from his era he Dominated Levrone , sonbaty , wheeler , and shawn ray in 9 out of 10 poses and was more consistent then any of them. He never lost a competition after he became mr. o unlike ronnie coleman who should be 4 time Mr. Olympia with Cutler being the current reigning Mr. O. Dorian also never had Weider put out a flex magazine with the person taking 2nd place ( Jay Cutler) Titled MR .Olympia ?

As for him winning in the worst era ever in bodybuilding , this is without a doubt the stupidest comment i have ever seen posted. All the experts had said for years that dorian won olympias when competition had never been stronger . Unlike his predacessors dorian had to compete with 10 guys who had awesome physiques not 2 like in the schwartzanegger / Haney era's.

wow.. you are a yates expert :)

I think the thing I liked about dorian is how he shut his mouth, worked his ass off, showed up and killed everyone in competition and went home without saying a word. This is why he was called the myth!! I think he may have been the hardest working bb'er of all time!!

guldukat said:
So I think, definitely, Yates had well above-average genetics. Someone with average genetics wouldn't weigh 257 at 5'10" without a 50" waist to match.
This is a poorly worded statement. :) I weigh about 255 at 6'1" and have a 38" waist. I'm a fatty. I'm sure there are more people with average genetics that can weigh this much. I've never even touched juice. ;) I agree with everything else you said.

If they ddint have amazing genetics they would even be high ranking amatuers.. and yes genetics INCLUDE your bodies response to drugs.

Things like skeletal structure (cant get big if your body cant handle heavy weights)... natural hormone production, natural growth rates..

all these are genetic factors..

One thing MANY of you are forgetting.. Steroids only amplify what you already have..

They CANNOT make something out of nothing.

Top Bottom