Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How good were Dorian Yates Genetics?

Dorian yates Genetics

• Below Average (Hardgainer)

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • Average

Votes: 41 8.2%
  • Good

Votes: 88 17.6%
  • Very, very good

Votes: 158 31.7%
  • MONSTER GENETICS!!! MUTANT!!!! GOD OF BODYBUILDING GENETICS!!

Votes: 196 39.3%

• Total voters
LloydChristmas said:
I can't believe that anyone would consider dorian's genetics average or below average! So what if he was skinny before he started training. Genetics don't only involve initial bone structure and muscle mass. They include how ones body adapts to training. There is no way a true hardgainer could get to 280lbs. Everyone responds different to different training regimens also. So what if Flex Wheeler doesn't train at the same intensity as Dorian. Maybe if he did it would do jack for him, and he might even lose weight. I am not saying it takes freak genetics to be a freak, but it definately takes above average genetics. Maybe your perception of average is messed up.

Peace
Sorry to say but training does not have much to do with who becomes Mr. Olympia. Dorian clearly trained harder then most and was an intelligent bodybuilder. But the number one thing that separates the top pros from others is an unusually good reaction to anabolics. You probably train harder then most pros do or at least as hard. These top guys just turn into freaks when anabolics are introduced in their regime. As for Dorian having good genetics, he of course did not have bad genetics. But personally I never liked his physique and never thought he was a good representative of the sport. He was huge and hard but not at all pleasant to look at. He was down right ugly. Ronnie is bigger then Dorian ever was but at least he has a body the flows together well. When I looked at Dorian what I saw were huge body parts stuck together without a semblance of a pleasant shape. I really believe, and of course this is my opinion, that Dorian was the worst Mr. Olympia ever. Of course you must take into consideration the time frame as you can not compare todays Mr. Olympia to Lee Haney. But taken in the context of the time period I really think Dorian was the poorest Mr. Olympia ever chosen.

Genetic Freak without a doubt. And I'm not trying to take away from his hard work and dedication. But to look like that you have to have a god given base.

Dorian's genetics are superb.

It's this simple- in body building all else being even the best genetics wins, add steroids and the best genetics still win.

Take the AS out of BB and the same guys would still be winning!

this guy in his time was awesome.....give the respect he deserves.....i just love it when skinny little f*cks talk shit about genetics and say he was a skinny bastard back in the day......one question...."who the hell wasnt skinny at one point in their lives?"......stop talking shit on the guy:)

One thing that always amazes me about Dorian is how he always look hard, even in the off season. Most guys in the off season look a little soft. Dorian always looks hard as a freakin' rock!!! Anyone seen his video Blood and Guts? I'd love to train with him. Most of us don't even know what real training is compared to how he trains.

The fact thay some one is skinny before touching weight does not tell a thing about genetics. What has made me think that is paul dillets pictures. At 17, he was skinny, something like 160lbs for 6feet+.
After 6 months of bodybuilding, dorian looked quite good for a beginner, some mass, nice lats, low BF, much better than the average guy.

needleboy said:
Dorian's genetics are superb.

It's this simple- in body building all else being even the best genetics wins, add steroids and the best genetics still win.

Take the AS out of BB and the same guys would still be winning!

I couldn't disagree more. Yates responded extremely well to anabolics without them he would not have won Mr. Timbuck-Two. I'm not a Yates basher, he's my fav BB but those are the facts.
Have any of you seen the picture I referred to? If you haven't don't act like you know what you're talking about.
I personally have superior genetics but do not respond well (proportionally) to AS, that's what makes the difference.

NJstacked said:
I met Dorian last year in my gym, he was promoting his new supplements, the guywas much much smaller than he was before he retired, however he was a MIni Dorian, same muscle look, but without the siz....All PRO BODYBUILDERS HAVE SICK GENETICS>>>>>THEY ARE ALL BEASTS BEFORE THE JUICE!!!!!

I'm Glad we have someone on this post who knows what thier talking about

Top Bottom