Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to fit Sprinting/Plyometrics into your routine

SlavikHavik

In a typical westside-ish split. How could you incorporate sprinting and plyometrics into your routine. I really want to work on getting My VJ and sprint speeds up, but im not sure how or where i would put these in without over training?

Also should i just my max/dynamic or hypertrophy sets if i incorporate these into my routine?

Zander, thanks alot for that site. Karma for that.
I couldnt find any suggestion for where to put sprinting, or plyometrics, or even how to adapt a westside program fro sprinting. Although he did reccomend several books that i might order if i ever get some cash, and approved for a credit card. (maybe early fall)
Never the less, there was definetly some good info.

I sprint...on off days, just not close to a meet, and not close to ME squat day. I do plyos or oly moves on the 2 speed days as accessory work.

Try something. If you feel fatigued you'll know it's too much and you can back off. Make your OWN routine.

Thanks spatts. By the way, what do you find works better for your sprints, deadlifts or GM's?

also what do you think about this, as something to start with, and then play around with as i learn. Any suggestions?

Day 1 ME Squat Day
Max Set: Good Mornings
Glute Ham Raise 4 sets of 8
Reverse Hypers 4 sets of 8
Leg Raises 5 x 15
Calf Raises 8x5

Day 2 Rest Day, Active Recovery with Jump Strech Bands

Day 3 Sprints
3 x 100 M work sprints @ 75/85/100% intensity and 5 minute rests with 6 warm ups @ 40-50%
Active Recovery with Jump Strech Bands

Day 4 ME Bench
Max Set: Floor Press
Overhead Dumbell Press 4 x 6
Incline Tricep Extensions: 6x8
Barbell Rows 5 x 6

Day 5 Sprints
3 x 100 M work sprints @ 75/85/100% intensity and 5 minute rests with 6 warm ups @ 40-50%
Active Recovery With Jump Strech Bands

Day 6 Rest Active Recovery With Jump Strech Bands

Day 7 DE Squat
DE set: Box Squats With Chains or Jump Strech bands
Some sort of Olympic Lift: Not sure really which lift i should incorporate. Any Suggestions?
Reverse Hypers: 4 sets of 6
Hanging Weighted Crunch: 5 sets of 15

Day 8 Rest Day Active Recovery With Jump Strech Bands

Day 9 DE Bench Day
DE: Speed Bench
Incline Close Grip Press: 3 sets of 2
4 sets of 10 Plate Raises
4 sets of 8 Dumbell Rows

Day 10 Rest Day: Active Recovery With Jump Strech Bands

Thanks for all your help

If that is the case, I would perform my plyo's and sprinting 4-6 hours prior to training. This way, your weight training will facilitate your plyo's.

Thanks Edge,
I train in the morning though, would i be able to do them the night before? I dont have much time in the day, but maybe i could play around with my schedule.

Also if im going to be doing these prior to my workout, What sort of intensity level would you reccomend?

Top Bottom