Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How fast Can you gain lean mass?

Photobear

After being at a plateau for what seemed like forever I tweaked my diet and routine a little and now I my weight and strength are shooting up like crazy.

My question is generally speaking, how fast can a non-juiced body put on lean mass? I have put on about 10 lbs in the last month and am still growing but want to make sure it is good weight not fat I will have to take off later. I'm still in the same size pants, except for needing to get relaxed fit cause my quads decided to really blow up.

A little aside: For all the "hardgainers" out there. I thought I was the hardest of gainers and worked out for a couple years with minimum results. I have now put on 20 lbs in a year and the best advice I can give is watch your DIET. Nothing else changed except that and it made all the difference in the world.

Happily packing on the beef,
Rick

Basically, I just went with a little higher rep (8-10) range and added another meal, Hi-protien/ low carb shake at bedtime, for a total of 7 meals a day.

Viola! My strength has went up and so has my size.

Results are fun but damn I love the journey.

Dude I can usually gain pretty fast, maybe about a pound or couple a week. I am not on the juice either, but I gain a lot faster than some people. I defenitly change up my routine about every couple months. I also do different variations of my routine. One week I may do bench with a heavy wieght 5 sets for 5 reps and last set until failure, then maybe the next I will do medium wieght for 3 or 4 sets for 10 to 12 reps. I do this for most of my muscle groups and get great results. I also eat a lot and take a lot of protien shakes.

20 lbs in a year means that you are doing everything right. That is an excellent result for someone that has been training for a while.

The theoretical value from a few books I have read say about .5lbs-1 lbs a week gain in lean body mass. This means you are gaining this along with some water and fat and all training is making your body adapt. I would probably suggest about .3lbs a week is phenomenal without wate or fat gain. P.S. this does not include juice or muscle memory.

10 lbs in the last month are awsome results without juice
oh yea, llok at yourself inthe mirror to make sure your not becoming a keg
for me, i tend to gain on avg. 10-12 lbs of lean mass a year

Top Bottom