Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How does this plan look?

Mr Anonymous

So I'm pretty new to bodybuilding but I've decided I've had enough of looking terrible. My problem is that I'm overweight but I just look normal size with clothes on. However if I dropped down to a healthy weight then I'd look really puny. Sooo my goal is to lose a little bit of fat, then build a bit of muscle and repeat until I look ok. :)

Anyway I'm going back to the gym monday next week to work my ass off at cardio and lose 10lbs. After that I put together this muscle building plan. I'm a noob so it probably sucks:

[FONT=&quot]Monday [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bench Press[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bent Over Row[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Military Press[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Close-Grip Bench[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Barbell Curl[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Barbell Wrist Curl[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Wednesday [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Incline Bench Press[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dumbbell Side Lateral[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Skull Crusher[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dumbbell Curl[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Friday [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Leg Press[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Standing Calf Raise[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 10
Shrugs 4 X 8[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Barbell Curl[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dumbbell Wrist Curl[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10[/FONT]

So come on then, somebody tell me that's all wrong. I don't mind as long as you also tell me the right way to do it. :rolleyes:

My main priority is to work forearms and back but I'm trying to put on size everywhere. I'm trying to get wider.

However I'm not sure about legs. I have abnormally buttocks large thighs for somebody my size since that's where about 80% of my fat deposits. I'm not even sure if I should be doing leg training or not until my upper body catches up.

Thanks

Stats

Height: 5 ft 8
Weight: Just under 200lbs
BF: 20%

I'm not even sure if I should be doing leg training or not until my upper body catches up.

As somebody who is currently suffering from chronic degeneration of the triceps tendon meaning I am unable to squat no matter how much I want to, I can genuinely say that I hate you. Good day.

As somebody who is currently suffering from chronic degeneration of the triceps tendon meaning I am unable to squat no matter how much I want to, I can genuinely say that I hate you. Good day.
I'm sorry to hear that but please don't hate me.

lol ^^

ok man first off, yes you should DEFINITELY be training your lower body. where are the squats and the deadlifts? You're focusing too much on your upper body. it should be more like this

mon- upper
wed- lower
fri- upper
mon- lower
wed- upper
etc....

try to get about 10-12 sets per major body part, and less for the smaller parts such as arms. you might benefit from reading the ultimate training split sticky above also. i'm sorry but i'd totally scrap the above plan :\

here's an example of what i used to do;

mon-upper
bench press 4X5
military press 4X8
dips 3X8
seated db press 3-4X10
db incline flies 3X10
cable lateral raise 3X10
rope pulldown 3X10

wed-lower
squat 4X5
pull ups 5X8
leg ext. 3X10
calf raises-whatever
bent over db row 3X8-10
face pulls 3X10

Then fri- upper again
mon lower except instead of squat do deadlift and switch up the exercises a bit.

just an example

So I'm pretty new to bodybuilding but I've decided I've had enough of looking terrible. My problem is that I'm overweight but I just look normal size with clothes on. However if I dropped down to a healthy weight then I'd look really puny. Sooo my goal is to lose a little bit of fat, then build a bit of muscle and repeat until I look ok. :)

Anyway I'm going back to the gym monday next week to work my ass off at cardio and lose 10lbs. After that I put together this muscle building plan. I'm a noob so it probably sucks:

[FONT=&quot]Monday [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bench Press[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Military Press[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Close-Grip Bench[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Barbell Curl[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Barbell Wrist Curl[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Wednesday [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Incline Bench Press[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dumbbell Side Lateral[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Skull Crusher[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dumbbell Curl[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Friday [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Leg Press[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Standing Calf Raise[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 10
Shrugs 4 X 8[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Barbell Curl[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dumbbell Wrist Curl[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3 X 6-10[/FONT]

So come on then, somebody tell me that's all wrong. I don't mind as long as you also tell me the right way to do it. :rolleyes:

My main priority is to work forearms and back but I'm trying to put on size everywhere. I'm trying to get wider.

However I'm not sure about legs. I have abnormally buttocks large thighs for somebody my size since that's where about 80% of my fat deposits. I'm not even sure if I should be doing leg training or not until my upper body catches up.

Thanks

Stats

Height: 5 ft 8
Weight: Just under 200lbs
BF: 20%

Welcome;

1st, NEVER neglect any one bodypart...

Looks like you have a full body w/o 3 x a week set up, keep the reps 10+ and the weight about 75-80% of your max, TRAIN SMARTER NOT HARDER....I train this way and always get the "you look big" speech even tho I'm not....lean muscle will take care of your looking puny problem...

Thru trail & error you'll find what works for you...

Now....wait for it....you see it coming right??

Post your DIET..

~EZ

lol ^^

ok man first off, yes you should DEFINITELY be training your lower body. where are the squats and the deadlifts? You're focusing too much on your upper body. it should be more like this

mon- upper
wed- lower
fri- upper
mon- lower
wed- upper
etc....

try to get about 10-12 sets per major body part, and less for the smaller parts such as arms. you might benefit from reading the ultimate training split sticky above also. i'm sorry but i'd totally scrap the above plan :\
Maybe I should get lipo on my thighs and then train my lower body. I mean come on... I have 29 inch thighs ;) As for deadlifts... they always end up causing me back problems but maybe I need better form.

Welcome;

1st, NEVER neglect any one bodypart...

Looks like you have a full body w/o 3 x a week set up, keep the reps 10+ and the weight about 75-80% of your max, TRAIN SMARTER NOT HARDER....I train this way and always get the "you look big" speech even tho I'm not....lean muscle will take care of your looking puny problem...

Thru trail & error you'll find what works for you...

Now....wait for it....you see it coming right??

Post your DIET..
I try to train both smart and hard :D But anyway, yeh I'm gonna post my diet some time.

The diet will take care of the fat part...at least to a large degree. Save your money on lipo..train hard and eat smart! :)

Super Squats "squats and milk" routine could work well here...

Full Squat - work up to one all out set of 20 reps with as many warmups needed

Pullover - to be done with light weight and a deep stretch on every rep, superset these with the sets of squats, do 20 reps per set

Circuit (to be done 3 times total):
chinups/pullups x max reps
-rest 1 minute-
dips x max reps
-rest 1 minute-
decline situps x max reps
-rest 3 minutes-
repeat

do the squats heavy, rest as long as you need between reps but the bar must remain on your back the whole time

The diet will take care of the fat part...at least to a large degree. Save your money on lipo..train hard and eat smart! :)
From what I know I thought I was going to gain fat by bodybuilding from taking in excess food. I have heard about a way to lose fat/gain muscle at the same time but won't that make progress in either direction extremely slow?

Super Squats "squats and milk" routine could work well here...

Full Squat - work up to one all out set of 20 reps with as many warmups needed

Pullover - to be done with light weight and a deep stretch on every rep, superset these with the sets of squats, do 20 reps per set

Circuit (to be done 3 times total):
chinups/pullups x max reps
-rest 1 minute-
dips x max reps
-rest 1 minute-
decline situps x max reps
-rest 3 minutes-
repeat

do the squats heavy, rest as long as you need between reps but the bar must remain on your back the whole time
And this is a full body routine? How many times per week would this need to be repeated?

Anyway here's my diet plan as requested by EZ: firstlinehost.com/Diet.docx

Top Bottom