Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How does one get to 20 pullups from 14?

crayonofdoom

Anyone with pullup experience, or who's good, or has the slightest idea of how to improve the max number of pullups-PLEASE HELP! haha thanks alot everyone who feels compelled to help me, I appreciate it!

I've improved by 3-4 in the past 6 weeks, and the first 8 feel incredibly easy compared to incredibly hard 6 weeks ago.

I'd like to know too. When i do them, i am shot after 7 or 8. But its not my back that is sore, but my biceps that slow me down

I started doing pullups with the program that I did 80 reps for back... no matter how many sets it took. Once it got it down to 10 sets I felt great... then 8... then 5... etc...

I always found that my first set was my high number set. I could never get the same number of reps on a second set.

So, I always tried to make myself go up 1 rep every week on the first set. It's hard because high rep sets never feel easier. (When you hear people talk about absurdly high numbers for what they rep... go into the gym with them once. You will see that they do not come down to a full hang every rep.)

After I could do higher rep sets... I started adding weight on teh subsequent sets. I would do the first set or two without weight... then follow it with weighted sets.

Keep at it. Your numbers will go up with your determination to raise them.

Just try and force and extra one or two reps at the end. Have someone spot you or if your tall enough like me jump up using your legs and do negatives for the last couple reps. Just keep overloading and striving for that extra few reps they will soon be real reps. I've done 22 at best before that was weighing 205, back and bi's are the only naturally strong areas on my body.

Just add weight, and do the same number of reps...20 reps is too much IMO anyways. But even if you want to do 20 reps at one point, you can just take the weights off after a while, and you'll be strong enough to do the 20 with your body weight.

Top Bottom