Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you measure your arms?

Luciano_

Hi guys, I want to measure my arms ..
Do I have to contract my bicep and make the measurement in the bigest part?
Or Do I have to extend the arm an do it in that way?

Cheers !

You can do it either way. A straight arm measurement would be your relaxed measurement. For my flexed measurements I keep the tape completely straight and measure around the largest part of my arm. You can also take a pumped measurement as well. All that matters is that you specify the type of measurement your taking when you record them.

Its a pretty tough measurement because you only have the non-flexed hand free. Obviously you want to use a soft tape measure (used for sewing etc), wrap it around your arm, and I find it easiest when you loop it, so the tape measure is lying on itself which helps keep it from sliding off. Then move it to the peak of biceps and flex.

Ok, thanks !
I placed this question because I have seen many really huge guys saying their arm size is around 19" ...
I am a fleshless newbie guy and I couldn't spot my mistake while measuring my arms, supposed 18" not pumped !!!
Well, now I know where the problem was: the marks in the tape were not inches !
:rolleyes:

Thanks Bigdho, I wanna have your 19.5 when I grow up.

Cheers!

I always measure mine arm extended (not flexed) and unpumped. I usually assume that's how everyone does it... but I guess lots of people do it flexed. maybe that explains why almost everyone seems to have bigger arms than me.

Backlash said:
I always measure mine arm extended (not flexed) and unpumped. I usually assume that's how everyone does it... but I guess lots of people do it flexed. maybe that explains why almost everyone seems to have bigger arms than me.

the way you do it is not how most people do it, so yes that is why. you're missing 1/2 to 1 full inch there bud!

Top Bottom