Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you guys cope with general pain?

Fast Twitch Fiber

I tried to do legs tonight. My knees were hurting when I was warming up on the bike. Things only got worse. How do you guys deal with nagging injuries? Has anyone ever taken a long layoff, like 2 months to let everything heal? I've got pain in my rotator cuffs, knees, low back, neck, and wrists. It's just getting too much

to be honest...i just down sum tylenol and dont think about it...after the workout take a nice ice bath then put the heating pad on and go to bed....boy this life style is painful =(

My knees crack all the damn time. I'm told it's cartiledge deterioration, and to get some glucosamine. Other than that there is nothing to do for it. The Corps loves to run, my knees don't. The Corps wins.

I'm the wrong guy to talk about training with pain with.

Had a trainer look at my hamstring today and his face turned white when he felt around on the tendons. Injury was December, I've done two meets since. It is just pain..only pain.

Right now...what hurts:
both wrists
forearms and tendons on both arms
both bicep tendons
delts a little tender with deep tissue massage
lower back is a little tight
left hamstring, of course
knees tender a few times a week
left ankle hurts to walk sometimes
fingers ache
neck is a little sore
elbows ache from time to time (2x a week or so)

I've trained hard and heavy 2x this week so far and 2 more times to go. I'll take two Aleve before I do events on Sunday, from there on out I'll give myself a massage one very joint and most muscles nightly, and I use a lot of icy-hot.

I hurt. All athletes do...ALL athletes.

B True

the way i deal with it is just think about times when my body hurt alot more. that usually does the trick since i have quite a bit of reference points when it comes do that lol, as i'm sure we all do.
however if it's hurting your training a layoff would not be a bad idea, though 2 months seems awfully long. longest i ever took a layoff was 1 week, and even that seemed like an eternity.

If your hurting in that many locations are you overtraining or not giving things ample time to recover? A couple of week layoff may not hurt you, but i dont know if it would help. I have horrible knees, so i dont go heavy on squats or deads...i stop at 315 even though i could go higher.

mate i drill matients not to put up with pain, but rather to pop a pill, so tahts just what i do.

if it hurts and you can take a paracetamol, then do it for goodness sakes. pain puts me in a bad mood

I can handle the pain throughout my regular day, the problem is when I'm actually lifting. I cut several sets short because my knees just hurt too much plus my hip flexors felt like they were going to snap. I just can't concentrate on lifting the weight when the pain reaches a certain point.

Top Bottom