Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you go on getting into strongman.? Workouts etc..? Diet.?

Jarrodsnoderly

Im 18 years old. I live in oregon, ohio. I train verh hard and very intense. I workout 5-6 days a week. Im 6"1 250 lbs. I was a state qualifier jn wrestling, all-ohio for mid-backer, and powerlifted at 242. In 2009 i took 4th place in 2010 i was a state runner up. I am on a very strict and lean diet i have gotten from a local dietician but do know if its working too good.. Mh lifts are as followed 680 dead 415 bench 500 squat. But im not like other big guys. I run a mile 8 1/2 mins. Im very agile on my feet and can move pretty easy anyone got any tips. Im just trying to better myself.

You need to start by finding a group that trains events close enough that you can get to them. A lot of good groups out there that will be glad to have you train with them!

Exactly - those are great lifts for 18.. GO FOR IT!! Study the greats.. Kazmaier, as you can tell by my signature, has always been my favorite. Research the sport, the techniques, break down the training, and then you have two choices. Rig up something similar and try to push yourself or find a group and start training. My advice would be to seek out a strongman group as soon as possible and hit it hard. Good luck man, it's a glorious sport.

Kaz Training: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1plZoN7Ec0
"Conceive, Believe, Achieve!!"
-Bill Kazmaier, Strength Legend & Philanthropist

Top Bottom