Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you get your biceps to grow??

matt

Hey dudes!
Im having some trouble getting my biceps happening.
They just wont grow no matter what i do!
I go light, nothing happens, i go heavy, nothing happens.
What the f-ck is wrong here. I do barbel curls and reverse curls and of caurse wrist curls and thats it.
But that should be enough, shouldnt it?
Whats the secrete to developing huge, thick arms?
Regards Matt.
:alien:

Well 1st off Matt to have huge arms ya gotta train triceps to there at least 60% of your upper arm..
stay with the barbell curls,preacher curls 1 arm dumbell curls,21's and even some close grip chins.. for tri's i like lying or seated tricep extensions ,close grip bench,dips and overhead rope extensions.. keep your form clean and mix your reps up from time to time...also you can train to failure and do supersets once in a while..and most important dont over train..:cool:

how do you get the biceps to cover more of your upper arm, for me it's like a little lump in the middle but doesn't go out wide enough. looks REALLY silly, almost like a caricature

let your arms rest

you can't work your arms every day you need to let them rebuild thats when they get bigger! I know it's hard not to lift everyday

My best gains came from doing beyond failure training, doing arms after back. By the time I finished back my arms got fried when I did two sets of machine curls way beyond failure.
As to Triceps I trained them after shoulders and they got a lot of work from chest the previous day and then delts-I then blasted them with two sets of pushdowns beyond failure. They went from 191/2 to over 20 in 6 weeks.

Explain "way beyond failure"

If your muscle has failed during set how do you continue to train it. Cheating, negative reps or going to a lower weight immadiately (no rest) after you have reached failure.

Just curious

I feel that for one you need to start with basic power movements such as squats, and dead lifts to kick your body anabolic process into over drive, and keep your training to no more than 4 times per week, eat and supplement your diet with more protein. Now for the training part, I started performing hammer curls which help with the brac. muscle in your arms, the other guy was right about triceps they do make up to 60% of your upper arm mass, also I train my arms 3 times per week for only one excercise per day ( both tri's & bi's ) and when my biceps needed to grow I perform 21's but no more than 2 sets and only once a week, they worked real good in getting my biceps to grow.:p

Top Bottom