Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you avoid plateaus in the Incline BB bench?

PumpingIronInCancun said:
Smith machine Incline 2x135
incline BB press 1x205,1x220 with spotter at hand
I almost garuante you'l get stronger

Hmmm...so just go to failure on every set of those right?

Thanks for the suggestion...dunno how tired I would be after those 2 sets with 135 though...

InTraining said:
I will definitely use this....do you think I could still do it at the end of my chest routine when I am done with all my work sets?

Interestingly enough one of the strongest inc. benchers in my gym does something like this...after he is done with his worksets he puts 135 on the bar and does about 20 reps with as much speed and explosiveness as he can...

Im glad to help! Yes Id definately do it after your chest routine, or atleast the benching sets. I tried doing it before the routine once and it cut my strength quite a bit. It seems so light and shouldnt get you sore, but it seems to work. Also helps you find/practice your groove and explosiveness as well. Once a week should be fine also. Let me know how it works out!!

WalkingBeast said:
Im glad to help! Yes Id definately do it after your chest routine, or atleast the benching sets. I tried doing it before the routine once and it cut my strength quite a bit. It seems so light and shouldnt get you sore, but it seems to work. Also helps you find/practice your groove and explosiveness as well. Once a week should be fine also. Let me know how it works out!!

Cool, thanks man...tomorrow is chest day and I will do it after my 3 work sets on incline :evil:

1 heavy work set for 8 reps till failure (no forced reps) followed by 2 rest pauses also to failure, 45secs each, and watch your poundages go up every week..

mix and match things.

incline barbell, flat barbell or incline barbell, flat dbs
flat barbell, incline barbell or flat barbell, incline dbs
incline barbell, decline barbell with NO flat

change reps. 3x6 to 3x10 or 3xas high as you can go and still get 3 reps etc.

if the bar is weak for the first 4 inches you either need to do some direct pec excercises-flyes, and some lat work-since lats help the bottom of any pressing motion

Update: Did inclines today as my first chest exercise and nailed 210 for 3 sets of 6 reps...all reps felt very fast and strong...even past my sticking point...

I also added 2 speed sets with 115 and 120 after my work sets and these worked out very well....

InTraining said:
Update: Did inclines today as my first chest exercise and nailed 210 for 3 sets of 6 reps...all reps felt very fast and strong...even past my sticking point...

I also added 2 speed sets with 115 and 120 after my work sets and these worked out very well....

Glad to hear that!! Stay with it!!

Mixing things up has always been the key to help my Incline press stay on the rise. I alternate Flat BB and Incline BB on my chest days, and it works very well....

Top Bottom