Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how do the navy seals or high ranking military train

i was thinking about instead of jogging every day doing something like this instead........

all sprints will be 10-15 ,100 yard sprints

monday- am sprints pm sprints and lift weights
tuesday- am sprints pm 3 mile run
wednesday-am sprints pm sprints
thrusday-am 3 mile run pm 4 mile run
friday-am sprints pm sprints and lift weights
saturday- am sprints pm 4 mile run
sunday-am sprints pm sprints

sprints would give you less stress factures because when you run you land MUCH harder then when you sprint. when you sprint your kinda floating in the air and there isnt much IMPACT. i feel you can build a good endurance with the runs and great speed with the sprints.

CrimsonKing said:

Not flaming you bro but didn't you just outline the your plan that led to overtraining and stress fractures? After all, that is what happened ?

Yeah, that's just what happened. I was very overzealous and overdid the jogging, which was the primary reason I got the stress fractures. I didn't really overtrain per se, though; before I had to stop training I was making progress both in my run times and in my strength-endurance...

nclifter6feet6, your program looks good. I would factor in some orienteering (- marching around a set route with a map and compass), though... When you are pushing yourself to the limit, both mentally and physically, being able to navigate as if it were second nature is a must. Not only will it help you through your selection but it will stand you in good stead for the rest of your military (esp. spec-ops) career.

By the way, would either of you know if GH can speed stress fracture repair?

yeah im not looking to go in the military...i was just motivated by this type of training. because there is a paratrooper that went to my gym a few times and hes big ripped and natural, the same thing goes for this guy at the gym that is about 5 foot 7 and weighs about 170 with 5 percent bodyfat year round that can deadlift 600 plus with only a belt, he does am and pm cardio he runs the stairs at the stadium and does alot of sprints and bike

Spiral
How old are you? There's probably plenty of time to recover and strengthen those. My buddy had a stress fracture just below his knee at the end of phase 3. Yes, like a week before graduation, and was rolled the maximum of 3 times(as it would not heal), then was dropped. He waited a full year recovering and strengthening and re-entered BUDS. He did it ALL over again and made it. I saw him after the second roll and he could not walk without a crutch. After the third he was on a cane for a while. If he could do it in a year with that serious of a fracture, then you are good to go. I know what its like to lose an ops dream. I crushed 2 discs while I was in and am permanently disqualified from any active military service now. Don't stress bro, you got it made.

If you want it bad enough nothing(nothing) can stop you.

If you want, I can have a couple team guys e-mail you with what you should do. This will be first hand info from the dudes that made it, not from a recruitment page.

BigRed,
We should exhange stories over e-mail. I love to hear that shit.

Your buddy's family sounds pretty fucking cool, holy crap. I bet thats one proud damn father. I could just imagine someone threatening their mother, then wondering why she's laughing her ass of at them. God help whoever fucks with that family. :) Why doesn't your friend just go into law enforcement(swat) or the private security sector? Or does he want to live a slower speed life now? I know a few former operators that are facing the same problems. One was Delta for a little longer than your buddy. He wanted to join LA swat at a pretty old age. The vet cops on his oral board said he needed to actually have kills in the line of duty(metro?) first. I suppose that would gaurantee non-hesitation. The vet cop said he had about a dozen personally and asked my Delta friend if he had any. He said "well, a few more than that." He actually has well over 30 confirmed. Who knows how many non. He still had to put in metro time. He's having a hard time adjusting to civilians. A couple other friends that were team guys for only a little while hate civilian life and joined SAR reservist units to keep it in them. I wasn't in long enough to have to adjust, but I understand that it sucks for them.

wow

must be exciting to live that kind of life. Spend most of 20's and 30's in such a rollercoaster. Sounds honorable too.. don't know how many would sacrifice their lives like that.. must be really passionate

No, not exactly honerable nor passionate. He comes from a violent family and that is why he and all his bros are in Spec Ops. It is in the blood. It isn't like the movies. These guys aren't doing great things and saving people- quite the opposite. They go down and kill drug leaders to implement new more US "friendly" ones, how is that honerable. It is mostly shady shit you dont want to know about. My buddy has no interest in being a cop nor law enforcement- he knows its all bullshit. Chasing drug dealers is a waste of time he says. He says he was in essense a personal tool for whatever politician needed them at the time. Like I said, he convinced me to get out of ROTC which I did. I was in Army ROTC then Air Force(I was slated for flight school when I bailed out). I went and lived in Australia for awhile and then I said screw the military I am going to get my band going. So, it isn't like the glamorous life you think it is. You have to do whatever they tell you no matter how fucked up. Here is a little thing that happened to my friend. He was in S. America and they CIA put him up at a hotel for awhile before briefing him on the OP at hand. Well after a week these G men goons show up and tell him he has been "stealing" government funds. He was like WTF?? Turns out that what they were saying was since he wasn't paying for the hotel that he was stealing from the CIA- which really means we have you by the balls so do whatever we want, which he did. It was a setup of sorts. It ended up being a hit on a politico that needed to be "terminated". So he did it. Real nice eh? Either that or you lose your career and end up god knows where doing god knows what.

you guys dont know really wat ur talking about when it comes to training for the seals, most of u anyway. i was training for the seals and have spoken to an actual seal about it. my training program consisted of thousands of pushups, running, pullups, and other leg exercises. if u guys think that just weight training with running is gonna work u r not correct. you have to get your muscles used to endurance. if any1 wants a program i have enough, lol. email me at: [email protected]

Thousands, huh? That's a little much. I'd trust the other guys before you, personally. After all, I'm not just going to take your word on it. They have sites with information on it as well. Could always be bullshit of course, but I doubt anyone does pushups and situps in the thousands.

I don't know many greatly strong or large people in the military...strange...

B True

Top Bottom