Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how do the navy seals or high ranking military train

thanks crimson, very helpful. i think ill just try to do the amount of cardio they do but trash the calesthics...i lll just try massive amount of cardio and weightliftin

Most high speed guys do lift, and they lift hard. I don't know where you pulled that shit from Crimson. Just because they aren't huge? No one, no matter how hard you lift will be massive under the constraints they have.

BigRedCat is right about the SEALs. Although I mean no disrespect for those who have completed the 3 phases, because it takes plenty of nuts. BUDS has become politically tainted, and therefore easier. I know several SEALs that are complete wimpy shitbags and have no place in a fast moving environment unless its at disneyland. There are more elite dudes(Delta, AF PJs, SAS, etc) Look at the drop out rate of BUDS, then look at it for Delta selection, PJ trainig, etc. No comparison.

Oh yeah, 6foot6...if you're wondering how they(some) can stay ripped, remember how close Coronado is to TJ:confused:

i downloaded some 16meg pdf file of some manual they give to the SEALs that has their training info on it.

Everytime I take my girl to Coronado beach I see SEAL's jogging, most are in good shape obviously but not usually ripped per se. After hearing enough stories from my friend that was Delta I just dont look at SEAL's like most people do. Delta has done some hairy shit. PJ's are bad ass too. I would say Delta is the most elite of them all(of the US spec ops anyway)-Col. Beckwith got the idea for Delta from a tour with the SAS. Got an assasination you need done, call Delta. They do allot more than counter-terrorism that is for sure. SEAL's mostly just train. Delta officially dosen't exist which I find humorous. Also the Delta guys all know how to fight damn well- my bud was a hand to hand trainer with them and he is big into Gracie Jiu Jitsu(He taught me for awhile). Spec Ops train similiar to fighters- lots of cardio,calisthenics and weights. Emphasis is on endurance. The ultimate warrior would be strong,muscular and have excellent endurance and agility. He would look like Thaibox's avatar but wearing camos! hehe.

Thaibox said:
Most high speed guys do lift, and they lift hard. I don't know where you pulled that shit from Crimson. ..

Why are you going off on me?

I pulled the info from the Navy Seals recruitment site. Check out the link.

I don't care if they lift or not. NClifter asked what the program is and that is what is published

CrimsonKing said:

Why are you going off on me?

I pulled the info from the Navy Seals recruitment site. Check out the link.

I don't care if they lift or not. NClifter asked what the program is and that is what is published

Sorry bro, I guess it did sound like I was going off. I swear way too much, so people think I'm speaking strongly when I'm simply speaking.

Anyway, think about it...If you were a fast mover, and lived as such, lifting would be part of life. You obviously aren't going to be bodybuilding, but you're damn well going to be lifting hard to get as strong as possible. Its just part of the mentality as well. I know several team guys that lift harder than I do, then go out and slam pitchers and pitchers of beer. Crazy shit. The hardcore of the SEALs are like Triathletes on 1g/week of test. My buddy didn't make a qualifying run time in BUDS, but finished the run with 104.5 degree temp. He passed the second time with a 106 degree temp. Thats some fucking heart.

BigRed, I think its because SEALs have become so dramatized and well known. The most exposure Delta has gotten is Black Hawk Down. PJs have never gotten exposure. Not to mention that "Air Force Pararesuemen" just doesn't sound as cool as "Navy SEAL." The general public will never know the hell that PJs go through that makes BUDS(hell week) look like a fucking day at Chucky Cheese.

Not only that but most people dont understand that allot of the training schools are integral. That is why SEAL's go to ranger school and other training schools. Of course Navy SEAL's was a great movie! NOT! Yeah they get all the hype but thats fine. Its what makes kids join up- "I wanna be a Navy SEAL!!". Like I said, Delta dosen't officially exist so they dont want exposure. My buddy was telling me about being over in Iraq looking to assasinate Saddam before the gulf war. They couldn't get him- he said he had too many body doubles and they were told to pull out. I have some great stories of Delta doing some crazy shit in S. America. You'd be surprised the kind of wacked shit they have to do. The fucked part is that my friend is getting his masters because he cant really make good money with what he knows, at least not legally. He was in the military for 12 years, most of which he spent in a Delta A team(funny right, A Team- hey BA Baracus!!) and so he really is just an expert at sneaking around and killing people which is not that called for in civ life. He did some civ training and teaching cops etc. as well as running a tactics school and doing some high line bodyguard work(he was Julia Roberts bodyguard for awhile-he says she dont look that good in person) but now he is just working on college and trying to go pro as a boxer. What a crazy ass life those guys live. I asked him if it was all worth it, he said hell no. All 3 of his brothers are also Army, 2 in Delta 1 is a Ranger. I guess you just have to if your in a family like that. I would hate to piss that family off!

Here's how I trained to prepare for the SEAL challenge contract...

Monday: 6 mile run (steady). Swim twenty lengths in the afternoon
Tuesday: 4 mile jog. HIIT in the afternoon
Wednesday: 5 mile jog. Swim twenty lengths in the afternoon
Thursday: HIIT. 5 mile jog in the afternoon
Friday: 5 mile jog.
Saturday: 10 mile run or 8 mile best-effort run
Sunday: Orienteering in the hills. Aim to cover 20 miles with a 45-pound pack (this is a march, not a run...), or rest -- depends on the weather and my schedule.

I did calesthenics every day, and lifted twice a week. My training program was:

Bodyweight deadlifts for maximum reps (preferably in the 50 rep range rest-pause style. I weigh about 210 at 6'2")

Sandbag clean and press-5 singles (Go heavy as you can here)

Sandbag Carry for maximum distance (Don't drop it, but if you do, pick it back up and repeat 2 or 3 more times)

Farmers Walk (use two preacher bars if you have them. Load em' up to 100 lbs or so, go for maximum distance and repeat)

1 heavy, higher rep set of thick bar or Hammer Curls

I did this for 3 months before I came down with fucking stress fractures in both my shins. I can't join the SEALs (or run AT ALL!) until they heal. So I'm totally fucked, obviously... :bawling:

Spiral Traveller said:
Here's how I trained to prepare for the SEAL challenge contract...

I did this for 3 months before I came down with fucking stress fractures in both my shins. I can't join the SEALs (or run AT ALL!) until they heal. So I'm totally fucked, obviously... :bawling:

Not flaming you bro but didn't you just outline the your plan that led to overtraining and stress fractures? After all, that is what happened ?

Top Bottom