Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how do i work my middle back just above my lower back and below my lower traps?

N

nclifter6feet6

SOMETIMES if im working out side if im helping my uncle load hay bails i feel a good tightness in my middle back area(below my lower traps and above my lower back) but i have yet to find an excersise that can hit this muscle!!!!!!it pisses me off

deadlifts mainly hit my upper back and my lower back but not the middle of my back

same with good mornings just hit my lower back, or maybe im not doin them right

rows just hit my upper back

can someone please help me out here. its kinda hard to explain the muscle so i hope you guys understand what im saying. its like the muscles on the outside of the spine or whatever

thanks

try t-bar row with a chin triangle handle. That smoked my back in the exact spot you're talking about. Give it a shot. Be SURE to get the full ROM for maximal effect

I find that when I play around with different grips on Bent Over Bar Rows, I hit my back in different spots. The closer my grip, the lower the hit. The further the grip the higher the hit. Give it a shot. Maybe it would work. BTW, I use a pronated or plams downward grip during this exercise.

i think T-bars are the answer. i'm always amazed how the handle you use totally changes how it feels. i tried them recently with nylon strap handles
slightly bent over and they hit that middle region pretty damn hard.

i find an underhand grip, bent over at near parallel on bent rows, elbows tucked in to the sides his the area

thanks for all your responses! im gonna try t bars. ive never really done them cause i feel off balance

debaser- i love rack deads they smoke my upper back and lats

Those are great too of course. The reason I love rack deads is because you can do even MORE weight, and it ONLY hits your back (not your legs and back).

Try them oak, set rack pins at your knee height your just above, use wrist straps and I wouldn't be surprised if you could do over 500 lbs since you seem to be pretty strong.

Form wise, I'll break it down real quick, grip the bar, shrug to lock your shoulders back (the bar won't move if theres that much weight on it) and basically lean back to pull it up (don't lean back past when your back is straight) and make sure the bar is sliding against your thighs.

You'll make noises you probably haven't made before, and your back will be TOAST.

The only thing directly below your traps is your erectors, therefore spank the deadlifts hard bro.

You might even be thinking about your lower traps, its suprising how far down your back they go.

Top Bottom