Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how did barbell tricep extensions get the name french press...

It all started in the early 50's with the French foreign legion, they would take there kit bags and fill them with sand, than tie them to there rifles to use as a crude lifting device much like we use bars and plates today. The foreign legion saw service with many other nationalities around the world thus attaining the name French press.

hmmm.... i thought french presses and skull crushers were 2 different exercises...that;s how i see it anyway. i do french presses sitting down with the weight above my head, moving it down behind my head holding my elbows straight, and pushing it straight up again using my tris. skull crushers i do lying on a bench, holding the weight straight up with a neutral grip, then moving it down towards my face, pushing it back with my tris.
but maybe if you did french presses lying down it'd be the same exercises. or maybe i'm doin someting wrong, i don't know.

but anyway, funny you should ask that (where it got it's name), yesterday i was doing french presses and i was thinking exactly the same thing. i always thought it's called a french press cuz it looks quite strange (at least to me it does), and ...well everyone knows frenchies are well....strange:D

Top Bottom