Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How deep ?

I gotta say...

It's just speculation, but I honestly think this "ATF squats are bad for knees" stuff just came about as a bunch of pussies' rationalization to NOT do ATF squats.

I ordinarily wouldn't appeal to motive like that. I try to be a big logic freak and all :) But truly, I've never seen people who argue against ATF squatting offer one shred of actual evidence for the "bad knees" claim.

I think a lot of it depends on how controlled the movement is.

Going to rock bottom is good, but if you're divebombing down to depth and bouncing out of the hole, I think you are putting a lot more strain on the knees than if you were doing so in a controlled manner.

IMO... stopping before parallel and higher puts a lot of stress on the knees, no matter how controlled or uncontrolled. Parallel or below, under control, are MUCH safer.

RaZor Ramon said:
That makes the most sense to me.

yeah

I will do

5-6 sets pyramiding in weight but never going below parralel

then I go on to do all other leg exercises utilizing isolation movements

then in the end 3 sets with half the weight I utlized on my max squat and just go for broke :)

I go ATF on both back and front squats.....

But I might start going only to parallel on back squats as my back has a tendency to round out coming up from the bottom of the movement in the later reps...

InTraining said:
I go ATF on both back and front squats.....

But I might start going only to parallel on back squats as my back has a tendency to round out coming up from the bottom of the movement in the later reps...

RDL or GM iso hold stretches for a min after a workout will fix that pretty quickly. Let your body drop down as it fatigues, just use the bar
Improve flexibility of the hips and lower back really fast

And the same for Bulgarian SPlit ISO hold stretches to do the same for the hip flexors

Top Bottom