Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how closely related are deadlifts to upper back exercises?

the idea of pumps needed to grow muscle is just a long on-going debate. obviously the pump isnt necessary or people wouldnt grow without it. but it isnt irrelevant either. kinda just my theory, but i feel that getting a huge pump actually causes stretching and expansion that will help you add to more growth. and the huge surplus of blood flowing through your muscle is saturating your muscle with nutrients. also when youre training for size, the higher reps and volume (which usually causes the most pumps) is more ideal anyway for muscle growth(not strength). also if you read the "add an inch to your arms in 6 hours" article in muscle and fitness, the idea is that your arms get so pumped up and swolen, that your muscle is forced to grow into the space. on a workout where i did 200 pull-ups in sets of 4 with little rest, my forearms got so pumped up and swolen, they were pumped for 2 days. and when the swelling subsided, they were noticibly bigger.

That last routine you posted is better than the other one. You can do 1-3 accessory exercises on each of the days. The reason I am saying your first routine is weird because it seems like things are included at random frequencies. Squats 2x per week, chest 1x, lats you're hitting 2x, shoulder 1x, etc. Just seems a bit random.

About the pumps, it's not my opinion, its scientific. The pump feeling is just blood rushing into the muscle and lactic acid building up. Think about it, you can get a pump curling 5 lbs dumbells 100x, but it isn't going to make your muscles any stronger or any bigger.

It might just so happen that you've gotten pumps in your workouts in the past that have been intense enough to elicit gains for you, but don't be confused into thinking you need to feel a pump to grow or get stronger.

cato man i also believe you can grow your bi's curling light dumbells 100 times.

my first routine has shoulders twice a week, benching is always alot of shoulder work and tris as well. front delts for bench day, middle and rear for shoulder press day. also with o.h. presses i may do incline bench as well to get more upper chest involvement. so i think its actually every muscle group twice a week, ill be on a dieselbolan and epi cycle anyway and last time i responded amazing to the high volume and frequency

Top Bottom