Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How can i get my girl to be ok with me going to the gym?

Alex_4444

Whats up EF's
Any tips on how i can get my girl to be OK with me training.
I train 6 times a week, is that to much in a relationship?
Shes fed up with:
1 - Me training
2 - me eating so much
3 - my supplements
4 - basically anything to do with bodybuilding she hates

I think its cause she doesnt understand.

Anybody else have this problem?

nope. lol

why would she be fed up with something that is making you more confident about yourself, healthier, and better looking?
no offense but she sounds like a hard ass my friend hahaha :)

Your probably too obsessive with it. If it's all you talk and think about, she is probably just sick of it. She wants you to be into her. When my wife doesn't like something, it is a good sign that I am talking about it too much.

Your probably too obsessive with it. If it's all you talk and think about, she is probably just sick of it. She wants you to be into her. When my wife doesn't like something, it is a good sign that I am talking about it too much.

He's obsessed becaue he is putting in work and living the life 24/7? Maybe you didn't get the memo, but that is EXACTLY what it takes to become a successful bodybuilder!

Screw that bro. Kick this chick to the curb. It is obvious that you love bodybuilding and that it is a major part of your life. Anyone who makes you feel guilty for that, or tries to put you in a position where you need to chose between them and bodybuilding does NOT have your best interest at heart.

It is very tough for us competitive bodybuilders to have successful relationships with "normal" chicks. Why? because they do not, and never will "get it."

You need to lose this chick and do what you need to do for you. Wait until you find a girl who understands and/or is involved in this sport before you settle down again. That is the only way bro. Trust me.

I didn't think he was looking to be competitive, just enjoying the lifestyle of lifting weights and using some supps. I personally don't want to die alone with a big bicept, so I live by what I said earlier. I care about my family a lot, and they are obviously my priority. If you don't care about her, then do what heavy said. It's your choice and you choose the path you want to take.

I would like to add, if this really is everything to you, don't date a girl that isn't into it.
He's obsessed becaue he is putting in work and living the life 24/7? Maybe you didn't get the memo, but that is EXACTLY what it takes to become a successful bodybuilder!

Screw that bro. Kick this chick to the curb. It is obvious that you love bodybuilding and that it is a major part of your life. Anyone who makes you feel guilty for that, or tries to put you in a position where you need to chose between them and bodybuilding does NOT have your best interest at heart.

It is very tough for us competitive bodybuilders to have successful relationships with "normal" chicks. Why? because they do not, and never will "get it."

You need to lose this chick and do what you need to do for you. Wait until you find a girl who understands and/or is involved in this sport before you settle down again. That is the only way bro. Trust me.

I didn't think he was looking to be competitive, just enjoying the lifestyle of lifting weights and using some supps. I personally don't want to die alone with a big bicept, so I live by what I said earlier. I care about my family a lot, and they are obviously my priority. If you don't care about her, then do what heavy said. It's your choice and you choose the path you want to take.

I would like to add, if this really is everything to you, don't date a girl that isn't into it.

You are correct. If he is not looking to compete, then he needs to readjust his priorities. But, again, if this IS what he loves, he should be able to have a successful relationship and not have to sacrifice it.

And contrary to popular belief, you CAN have a very eventful life OUTSIDE the gym, be a top competitive bodybuilder, AND have a successful relationship AT THE SAME TIME!

I was speaking form personal experience in my earlier post. I have girlfriends before that we not into working out and resented me because my dedication and commitment made them feel lazy and get down on themselves. So instead of stepping up and getting themselves to the gym, they preferred to try and keep me out of it. And if that is what is going on here, then that is not fair to this guy.

And for the record, I am currently in my second year of Medical School, have a wonderful marriage with an IFBB pro figure competitor, and I competed three times last year, winning every class I enter with the exception of one. So, again..., IT CAN BE DONE! You just have to be able to prioritize and balance your time.

how old are you?

It boggles the mind what you are saying. all the women I've dated love the fact that I eat healthy and workout. they love a guy with a healthy lifestyle.

I think you are either dating young immature girls who just want all your attention, or need to find women from the gym and not the bar scene.

it makes a difference. i would find someone who believes in a healthy lifestyle because you aren't gonna be happy with her laziness either. I dated a girl last year that was relatively healthy, loved yoga, running. but she was addicted to diet soda. which caused her to have insomnia.. which led to other mental issues. she refused to quit.

just like I wont date a woman who smokes or is a heavy drinker either.

Im 21. The thing is i think is that when i got with my fiance i wasnt into the gym at all i got introduced to it while i was with her. She likes me being healthy its just she see's me constantly doing something, and she feels its not with her.
I am very dedicated to the gym im not competing but im known as the fitness freak in work and weirdly i like that lol
'Heavydutyhit' i think your on the ball bro maybe she does feel lazy. I prob am obsessed but its wats necessary at the end of the day. I just wish life was that easy lol

Top Bottom