Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how can i find out what a dealer pays for a gun?

hmmm.... me thinks this is a manny question...

Just to give you an idea:

FN Five-Seven pistol:

- dealer or LE agency pays around 650$

- civilian pays 1200$ easy

But that's bulk price. If I wanna get a bunch of P226 from Sig germany, then it will cost me as an importer 400-500$CND per pistols. Dealers don't like to go through all the pain of importing stuff, dealing with customs assholes and take big bucks out of their pockets so they get them from importers. As a general rule, they'll add between 15 and 25% to the price they paid from the importer. On some pistols the profit margin is so low that few dealers wanna touch them. Norinco being a good example. The difference between the importer's cost and the civilian price is little. You just cross your fingers and hope to sell a bunch.

manny78 said:
Just to give you an idea:

FN Five-Seven pistol:

- dealer or LE agency pays around 650$

- civilian pays 1200$ easy

But that's bulk price. If I wanna get a bunch of P226 from Sig germany, then it will cost me as an importer 400-500$CND per pistols. Dealers don't like to go through all the pain of importing stuff, dealing with customs assholes and take big bucks out of their pockets so they get them from importers. As a general rule, they'll add between 15 and 25% to the price they paid from the importer. On some pistols the profit margin is so low that few dealers wanna touch them. Norinco being a good example. The difference between the importer's cost and the civilian price is little. You just cross your fingers and hope to sell a bunch.

damn those five-sevens are expensive... that is half the reason no one is buying them... no armor piercing bullets and too dam expensive for a novelty...

Yo8u mention norinco a lot... Never heard of it... what is the scoop? and why are they illegal here?

Becoming said:
damn those five-sevens are expensive... that is half the reason no one is buying them... no armor piercing bullets and too dam expensive for a novelty...

Yo8u mention norinco a lot... Never heard of it... what is the scoop? and why are they illegal here?

It's basically chinese made clones. They're illegal in the US cause Clinton sold missile technology to China. When this was found out, they banned importation of Norinco in the US.

They're good newbie weapons. Their 1911 clone costs 250$US and is solid. Of course the finish is on the same level as a Kimber or Springfield but if you're a student, full of debts then it's a good way to protect your butt.

manny78 said:
It's basically chinese made clones. They're illegal in the US cause Clinton sold missile technology to China. When this was found out, they banned importation of Norinco in the US.

They're good newbie weapons. Their 1911 clone costs 250$US and is solid. Of course the finish is on the same level as a Kimber or Springfield but if you're a student, full of debts then it's a good way to protect your butt.

just curious - from the point of a dealer (who obviously handles a bunch of diff weapons and manuf) what would your top 3-5 budget conscious buys for:

.45s and .40s

and any thoughts you have on one caliber vs the other....

For .45 I am liking the Springfields, Kimbers and CZ97B.

I personally have always upheld the notion that shot placement is a million times more important than bullet diameter. The differential between 9mm-.45 (.10 of an inch) and a few hundred foot pounds of impact force, by itself, is not enough to make much difference.

You can shoot all the gel blocks and water traps you want, but the human body is a complex array of bones, muscles, fat, organs, etc., each with their own set of reactions to an external force.

That's why I like my 9mm. Cost about half as much to practice and more controllable, thus more guarantee of multiple and accurate successive shots.

Let the flames begin!

:D

Top Bottom