Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how can i find out what a dealer pays for a gun?

Becoming said:
just curious - from the point of a dealer (who obviously handles a bunch of diff weapons and manuf) what would your top 3-5 budget conscious buys for:

.45s and .40s

and any thoughts you have on one caliber vs the other....

.45ACP: definitely a 1911. I'd go with Kimber. They're reliable, accurate and keep their value. The Marines are actually being issued some new Kimbers.

Then if you want a double stack .45, I'd go with a H&K. Again, it's quality. Pricey but you get what you paid for.

.40: Sig P226, 229 or 239 (depending on the purpose). Again, I've seen many Sigs working after 80 000 rounds. No cracking, major failure or kaboomm ! Just the srping changed and that's it. Can't say the same about Glock.

Then H&k is another good choice in this caliber. Glock provides a good cheap and reliable pistol with their G22, 23 and 27.

It all comes down to your purpose. A .45ACP is a good caliber for IPSC competitions. For CCW too but your gun selection is limited. Not everyone makes compact 45's. The .40 is a "light-load" 10mm. A good balance of weight and speed.

But if you're ready to consider a .45 for self-defense, why not look at the 10mm Glocks ? Big and fast, best of both world. I find the recoil to be the same as a hot .45. If I'm correct, Velvett has a G29 so it can't be that bad. :evil:

Paulo said:
I personally have always upheld the notion that shot placement is a million times more important than bullet diameter. The differential between 9mm-.45 (.10 of an inch) and a few hundred foot pounds of impact force, by itself, is not enough to make much difference.

You can shoot all the gel blocks and water traps you want, but the human body is a complex array of bones, muscles, fat, organs, etc., each with their own set of reactions to an external force.

That's why I like my 9mm. Cost about half as much to practice and more controllable, thus more guarantee of multiple and accurate successive shots.

Let the flames begin!

lol - dude that is totally unamerican! bastard! if I had the cash I would engineer my own .75! just kidding, of course you need to be able to hit your target... just wanted to see what manny likes...

Paulo said:
For .45 I am liking the Springfields, Kimbers and CZ97B.

I personally have always upheld the notion that shot placement is a million times more important than bullet diameter. The differential between 9mm-.45 (.10 of an inch) and a few hundred foot pounds of impact force, by itself, is not enough to make much difference.

You can shoot all the gel blocks and water traps you want, but the human body is a complex array of bones, muscles, fat, organs, etc., each with their own set of reactions to an external force.

That's why I like my 9mm. Cost about half as much to practice and more controllable, thus more guarantee of multiple and accurate successive shots.

Let the flames begin!

:D

I actually carry a H&K P7M8 with Glaser safety slugs. Nothing wrong with having a 9mm !

Becoming said:
lol - dude that is totally unamerican! bastard! if I had the cash I would engineer my own .75! just kidding, of course you need to be able to hit your target... just wanted to see what manny likes...

And what am I? Chopped liver?

lol.

oh, and I totally agree with manny about the Kimbers. Those are Grade A firearms, excellent build quality. Really smooth.

I don't like 10mm though, not a lot of ammo selection and its generally expensive, unless someone can point out a source for it that I am not aware of.

Glock makes a G36 that's a 6 shot 45. Pretty nice for CCW purposes.

thanks for all the info BOTh manny and paulo... :)

Top Bottom