Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how can i do more situps?

E

Elite_Fry

i need to be able to do like 50 for the military... i can do that now but towards the end it fucking hurts bad. my abs must be weak as piss. what can i do to help this?

Practice.

By the way, what military are you talking about? I'll be joining the Army Reserves soon (I'm an Aussie too) and I'm not sure what kind of physical fitness requirements there will be.... 50 sit-ups, you say? I think I could do that. What sort of situps?

Do you know what else is required? Maybe pushups or chins or whatever? Because apparently the recruitment course is combined now.... regular army AND reserves.

yeh full-time army for me
ive done everything in the recruiting process apart from the fitness test
its pretty easy the test.. 45 situps. 15 pushups. beep test at 7.5
lol pretty pathetic actually
situps are just the ones where you got your hands out front and you gotta bring your hands infront of your knees.. then go back down and start again

USMC all the way. The best way to do sit-ups is do more. Try it this way set a clock for 2 minutes. Do as many as you can. Then drop it to 1 minute, then 30 seconds, then 15 seconds. Each time trying to pass at least half of your situps. example 100 situps in 2 minutes, goal is 50 or more in 1 mintue and so on down the line. i can do 145 in 2 minutes. It works. Try doing that 2-3 times a week and that will be all you need. The first 2 weeks though your abs will be soo sore so if you don't meet the goal don't be discouraged.

What's a beep test??

Is that all that's involved with the fitness test? That's pretty lame.... no running or anything?

I guess in a combat situation, it will be the side who can do the most situps which will be victorious.

beep test is where you run from one area to another area (20 meters) and you rest on each side.. so yeh u do do running

i cant believe how much easlier i can do situps now. ive been doing them everyday and then i just did 6 sets of 30 situps with 1 minute rest in between

like 1 week ago i would get really sore after 30.. but now nothing

yay

DanielBishop said:
What's a beep test??

Is that all that's involved with the fitness test? That's pretty lame.... no running or anything?

I guess in a combat situation, it will be the side who can do the most situps which will be victorious.

Just wait til you finish your basic training.... I think they wll have you doing more than 15 pushups then :)

Top Bottom