Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to bring up lagging arms (On or Off, please don't move)?

Izzman

Hey sup borzles, since this board gets the most traffic, I'm just curious as to what some of you believe is the key to training arms and bringing them up to par if they're lagging, my biceps especially. It seems like god blessed my legs, they're fucking tree trunks! But my arms are lagging horribly, Ive tried high volume, high reps, low volume, low reps and even just working them indirectly at times through compound movements only but they seem to be growing at a snail's pace. What else can I possibly try? K for some good advice.

needsize's 5x5

My arms don't grow significantly unless everything does.

By that I mean, they grow pretty much in proportion to everything else, and I don't find that doing or not doing isolation stuff really matters.

So I'd say just focus on gaining overall size and arms should come along

If you're gaining everywhere BUT arms, then sorry man, I got nothing.

casualbb said:

By that I mean, they grow pretty much in proportion to everything else, and I don't find that doing or not doing isolation stuff really matters.

So I'd say just focus on gaining overall size and arms should come along

If you're gaining everywhere BUT arms, then sorry man, I got nothing.

Disagree. Arms can be out of proportion like any other muscle. I believe muscles lag behind becuase the person does the same exercise in the same order every time. Switch that shit around. One set low rep heavy weight , then do 21's or something the next exercise. Mix it up. . I generally hit biceps with several different angles
1. machine
2. preacher
3. standing barbell
4. incline dumbell
5. concentration
6. overhead cable

Alternate those and you should make consistant gains

Tricaps I hit hard after bench and then do on a day by themselves on a medium day
1. pressdown with multple grip cable attachments (rope , thin grip , multi grip handle) and I do them both overhand and underhand grip. You can also do single arm pressdown with a cable machine. I'd do both.
2. skullcrushers
3. kickback
4. Any pressing movement from decline to behind the neck
5. dips
Once again mix it up and you'll confuse the muscle into growth.

the only other possibility that has not been mentioned is that maybe you are over training them. but i couldn't really say if that is the case because you didn't say anything about your past training.

casualbb said:

I used to believe this. But then I look around at all the guys who don't train legs and have massive upper bodies.

I could stretch to say the upper body may be somewhat independent of lower body growth however -- in which case you would be correct.

psychedout said:
I used to believe this. But then I look around at all the guys who don't train legs and have massive upper bodies.

I could stretch to say the upper body may be somewhat independent of lower body growth however -- in which case you would be correct.

I believe this to be especially true, me legs continue to outgrow my upper body, that is why I will train them EOW from now on. My shoulders and back seem to be doing fine, however my chest and arms need ALOT of work.

gjohnson5 said:
Once again mix it up and you'll confuse the muscle into growth.

i agree with your post, johnson. but we have to get away from this "confusing the muscles" terminology. can you perplex the pecs? can my medial delts misunderstand the workout? muscles will adapt, and you must mix up reps, speed, weight, or mechanics to continue gains- just as you stated. how bout saying that workouts must be varied to prevent adaptation. sorry about the rant, but "confusion" is just the wrong way to describe it.

Top Bottom