x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabsdomestic-supply
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals
Sarms for Saleunclez.rueudomestic

How to break through a deadlift plateau

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about How to break through a deadlift plateau within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Well, everything is in the title :) What's best to get out of a plateau?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Want a good body? Work at it. Want to be a success? Work at it. Want to be truly exceptional? Be a touch insane...You need a little bit of insanity to do great things

How to break through a deadlift plateau

Well, everything is in the title

What's best to get out of a plateau?

[Conventional DL not SLDL]
    If you don't shut your fucking mouth, I will kill you.

Sport, truth, like art, is in the eye of the beholder. You believe what you choose and I'll believe what I know.
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice;
    it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Re: How to break through a deadlift plateau

where are you getting stuck?

try not deadlifting for 3 weeks. and concentrate on box squatting, and rack pulling or pulling from a platform; depending on your sticking point

Olympian
    Official Treasurer of the "Be Really RUDE to that SHIIIIT" Administration

It'd probably help if you post up what you're currently doing and what you've been doing over the past few months so people can see the big picture. I mean, there's a big difference between stalling at your 1RM when you've been doing deadlifting 3x/wk along w/ squatting 3x/wk vs. stalling on your 8RM or soemthing when you've been deadlifting once a week during a cut while doing speed assistance work. Make sense?

Want a good body? Work at it. Want to be a success? Work at it. Want to be truly exceptional? Be a touch insane...You need a little bit of insanity to do great things

I'm usually doing sets of 3 reps

In one week I train legs 4 times:
    day1 = back squat
    day2 = front squat
    day3 = DL
    day4= box squat or dumbell lunges

I have a quite narrow feet placement and alternate clean and snatch grip (1 week each)

I could lift more from the floor and lockout but I couldn't handle the weight in-between

Sport, truth, like art, is in the eye of the beholder. You believe what you choose and I'll believe what I know.

Are you able to recover with all that back work or better yet, are you really working enough on your deadlift in order to improve it?

If your stuck in a halfway position, either just above or below the knee, I would suggest really low box squats, romanian deads or good mornings as an accessory. It's tough when you max on a dead or go up to a triple max because it's very taxxing on the CNS and when you miss a dead, it's very defeating mentally, there's no excuse other than you didn't hit it. Now you can blame it on form but you can't correct something you can't see, only someone else who know's what their doing can help you in that department.

Go here... http://www.westside-barbell.com/articles.htm, there is a three part series on the deadlift and in the 03 block there's a bunch of info regarding plateaus as well...

On a side not straight from the horses mouth, guys at westside have started using foam pads on their boxes and lowering the box height when they squat. They sell these at elitefts.com but also you could use the ones they have lying around the gym. While these guys have for years box squatted on a solid surface, some well above and well below parallel, this has started to really strenthen their hips, that instability has actually increased hip strength and their ability to stay tight, just a thought....

Quote Quote posted by Chambewy20
    Are you able to recover with all that back work or better yet, are you really working enough on your deadlift in order to improve it?

If your stuck in a halfway position, either just above or below the knee, I would suggest really low box squats, romanian deads or good mornings as an accessory. It's tough when you max on a dead or go up to a triple max because it's very taxxing on the CNS and when you miss a dead, it's very defeating mentally, there's no excuse other than you didn't hit it. Now you can blame it on form but you can't correct something you can't see, only someone else who know's what their doing can help you in that department.

Go here... http://www.westside-barbell.com/articles.htm, there is a three part series on the deadlift and in the 03 block there's a bunch of info regarding plateaus as well...

On a side not straight from the horses mouth, guys at westside have started using foam pads on their boxes and lowering the box height when they squat. They sell these at elitefts.com but also you could use the ones they have lying around the gym. While these guys have for years box squatted on a solid surface, some well above and well below parallel, this has started to really strenthen their hips, that instability has actually increased hip strength and their ability to stay tight, just a thought....
    Thanks!

I had some serious back problem which may (at least mentally) prevent me from giving 100%

I'll definitely add more GMs, SLDL and low box squats

on my quest to 500 (coming from 455) im doin

pulls off a 4 in block
    heavy rack pulls, pins at knee level
    regular deads @ 5x5
    and some speed work

3 weeks of each, rotating

i might add some GMs

along with my squat routines

Elite Strongman b fold the truth's Avatar

If I want to set a new PR or pull a big number...I limit (a little) the amount of squatting that I do during the week. Could be a NUMBER of things. When you box squat...are you using bands? THAT is the key to box squats and my deadlift.

''Teach my children to love! They'll learn to hate on their own.''
    ''One thing is certian,You can't shake hands with a fist''
    ''It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; its the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.''

"ABSOLUTELY!!! I wouldn't take 4 days off of work to go support the men if I wasn't getting paid!"
    .....Jill Mills...World's Strongest Woman

Good Broly

a handful of dianabol should do the trick.

see, weights to me, are like my bitch, right? my bitch. she fuck another nigga. and i get mad and i wanna kill the bitch. and i wanna kill the nigga. you see, this is how you must step up to the muthafukin loaded bar

no way you should be deadlifting EVERY week