Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to avoid overtraining?

Fatboyebele

How many times per week should one train for optimalresults and to avoid overtraining? I usually train 2-3 times perweek, but feel like I could be doing more. How much would be a goodnumber of trainings per week? Do I consider cardio as a trainingsession?

As with everything in bodybuilding, you have to listen to your body, and do as you feel. If you feel like you could be doing more, then you can add another training day per week. If after 3-4 weeks you will see that you can still add in more, do so. If you will start to notice that you are getting burnt out, reduce the training, or make a week of deloading.

I find most people thrive on 4-5 weight workouts per week and 3-4 cardio workouts per week.

It is not easy to over train. Just think about it logically. Most professional athletes exercise for hours each day. I really wouldn't worry much about over training. Most people under train if anything.

For me the number is 4-5 days per week with cardio mixed in on those same days. Some people train those days and do cardio on the other days so that's up to you. I would say a minimum would be 3 days to be able to build muscle.

Top Bottom