Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HOT FLIP - A QUESTION

patro

You wrote, "I've been working out almost every weekday for about 4 months straight now, so it's time for a break anyway. I just started taking bodybuilding seriously since January, and going at it really hard since beginning of March. I'm feeling pretty worn out, and the light workouts in the two weeks vacation will be a welcomed relief."

First off, good job on 16 solid weeks. I'm trying for 12 solid weeks to see my progress.

What I'm wondering is what kind of shape you were in when you started, and what kind of shape you're in now.

I'm about 195, 5'11", not so defined, a little fat. I'm wondering if I can see many results in a 12 week period.

Check my other posts to see my routine, if you want.

Anyone else's feedback would be great.

Have a good vacation,

Patro

------------------
EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN AGENDA

Originally posted by patro:
First off, good job on 16 solid weeks. I'm trying for 12 solid weeks to see my progress.

Thanks! It's been a blast!

What I'm wondering is what kind of shape you were in when you started, and what kind of shape you're in now.

I used to lift weights in HS, and some in college. Didn't really have a program, just went into the gym and walked around, lost and wondering what to do next. I never took it seriously... I now realize what a complete waste of time that was to not have a planned workout!!! Live and learn. But I was in decent shape for a while, until I totally quit for about 6 years completely. Then I nearly died when I got my body fat % results at about 28%! Yikes!!!! I'm 5'7", and weight almost 180 with 28% body fat. Not too exciting to look at, eh?

Funny though, that was almost 2.5 years ago. It still took me a year after my fitness evaluation to get my ass in gear. Several other things in my life happened, such as getting divorced, depression, etc... yada yada yada.... I lost about 30 lbs, got my weight down to 150 and bf% to about 7%. All of this without lifting weights! Just did calestenics (sp?) chins, dips, pushups, crunches, and shadow boxing for cardio. That was last summer.

I started lifting weights again, and again, kinda just aimlessly wandering around the gym without much of a plan. I started doing the Body For Life routine, but it's a pain in the ass to do all of the upper body in one day, so I didn't stick to it much... and my diet deteriorated... and the I ballooned again to about 170 lbs with about 15% body fat by the end of the year. It took the personal trainer who first assessed me to mention that I've gained some weight for me to look in the mirror again, and really see again how "fat" I've gotten. (I was in self denial...LOL)

So, I started on the BFL again, and stuck to it much better, and watched my diet more strictly. By the end of January, I was back down to 160! I lost 10 lbs of water and fat in 1 month! But I wasn't really gaining much muscles or strength, I thought. So, I decided to educate myself as much as I can about body building, and I discovered HIT. High Intensity Training. BFL touches on it a bit, but doesn't emphasize it enough, in my opinion. At the beginning of March, I started doing the Max-OT training found on http://www.ast-ss.com. It's not the only HIT workout available, but it's a start. There's been plenty of posts on this board about other people's HIT workouts that sound just as effective. This just happens to be the first one I'm trying.

I had my body fat assessed again 2.5 weeks ago, using the same caliper method (it's free at my local gym), and it's back down to the same exact as when I weighed 155, last August when I first had it checked at around 7%. But this time, I weighed 166 lbs. Seeing that my BF had dropped and that I've gained 11 lbs from last August (although in truth, my weight has yo-yoed sinced then), it really pumped me up! Had me all psyched! Since then, my workouts have been even more intense, and I've been eating everything in sight...quality calories only though except on my 1 off day per week. I don't eat 6 meals a day... I eat continuously all day long! Yesterday, I weighed 173!!! That's 7 lbs in 2.5 weeks! I couldn't believe it. I look in the mirror and I don't look any fatter, only more muscular. Remember, I'm only 5'7", so 173 is bigger than most guys my height who do not lift weights. People are starting to really notice.

I'm on week 4 right now of the Max-OT program. Before I leave for vacation, I'm going to get my body fat evaluation again. I just know it'll blow the socks off the personal trainer when he sees that I've gain over 7-10 lbs (I expect to gain another couple of lbs in the next 10 days) and my BF% has not gone up, or at least, not much.

I'm about 195, 5'11", not so defined, a little fat. I'm wondering if I can see many results in a 12 week period.

Check my other posts to see my routine, if you want.

Anyone else's feedback would be great.

Have a good vacation,

Patro

Pedro, If you dedicate yourself to your body, you can definitely change your physique in the next 12 weeks! When you go to the gym, focus on the High Intensity each and every set after you have warmed up. Make each rep, and each set count towards building the physique you want. Focus! Make your workouts about 1 hour or less, and give everything you have! Have a voracious appetite for knowledge and information...read everything you can about body building, nutrition, and supplements. Everyone's got an opinion on which supplements works, and which don't, and how to take them. Inform yourself, experiment (safely of course) on yourself, and come to your own conclusions. Watch your carb intake, and consume as much proteins as you can, around 2 grams per pound of lean muscle.

It takes dedication, bro! And I'm now beginning to see the results of mine... and I'm liking it. I just need to strip off another 5-8 lbs of fat, and I'm ready for the speedos... Yeee Haaaa!!! LOL...

If you want, I'll post my diet, and supplement routine.

Later, Bros!

HotFlip

HOT FLIP-

Thanks for the GREAT answer! I loved it!!

At first, when I started working out, I wasn't at all serious. Then I crossed this great threshold point and I realized that it would only happen if I WANTED it to, and now I do want it. Now, going to the gym is the thing I look forward to every other day!! Before, I used to dread it, and think of it as a chore. But no longer.

As I've said before, going to the gym is the easy part. But eating the right foods at the right times is the hard part!!!

I need diet ideas and a workout critique. Can you tell me yours?

Thanks

Top Bottom