Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HOLY Shit I'm PISSED at DB Press!!

luto199

OK about two months ago i was posting here asking about how to get past my sticking spot on my bench press. I tried a few things like changing my form, but there wasn't much differnce. So finally some people were telling me to try DB Presses, and inclines. Ok, so the past 2 months i have been doing that and it was really feeling good. I had made progress while doing these, moving up on my weights with the DB's and was thinking sweet i can't wait to do some Flat Benching to see what im up to. Well holy shit i did it today and my flat bench has gone DOWN!!!! I was about to throw a fucking Db through a fucking WALL!!!! I dont get it, my Hammer presses have gone up, my DB presses were going up, and my inclines had gone up a little, BUT MY FLAT SUCKS!!! Has this happened to anyone else?? I'm never wasting my time with DB's again!

I'm not sure who would have told you to do dbell presses to bring up your flat bench...the majority of everyone I have ever heard of says that it goes down from them...

B True

flat db will not help bb bench. incline bb bench can help flat bb bench IF your upper chest is not as strong as it should be. if you want to improve flat bench, you must throw in some flat bench.

Tris, lats, shoulders ... stengthen them all.

How does your training look? Like, give us a run down of how many reps/sets/rest time in between, etc for your bench.

So you haven't touched a flat barbell in 2 months and you expect it to jump up? I don't know for sure, but the previous recs were probably to mix in some dumbells. It has helped me... but I am weak and have a low bench anyways.

I find it weird that my max BB is about 245, but I can DB press the 100's. The biggest help that I have gotten was when I started doing squats and deadlifts.. made my whole body feel stronger.

Flat barbell bench is weird like that. Doing dumbell work will hardly improve it much. I had to stop using the barbell for awhile because of two sprained wrists. My dumbell numbers improved quite a bit, but when I went back to barbells, I was pretty much where I left off. However, there is a decent carryover when you are talking about inclines.

Right now i'm doing the opposite of most people, by doing inclined barbell presses along with dumbell flat presses. Its a nice change of pace, that has been working nicely. However, I'm afraid to see what my bench press is. Its probably gone down if anything, but as long as my chest looks better, I'm happy.

well what exactly do BB presses work that DB's dont? I men i reaaly feel my chest the next day when i to DB's, so i assumed it was working.
I Bench once a week in my rountine. ITs on Mondays, where i work bi's and chest. I do, or did, 185 x 10, 195 x 9, 205 x7. Now its like 175 x 10, 185 x 10, 195 x 7. I put a 2 min rest between each set. Later on in the workout i also do inclines and Hammer presses.

You should be back to your old strength shortly.. don't be discouraged.. it could even have just been a bad day.. did you eat anything different? My guess is that you will be back to your old strength, and possibly passed that in a couple weeks.

I usually do flat BB, then Incline DBs.. then every 4th week, I will do incline BB and flat DBs.. or something on that matter. plus either the hammer, flyes, or dare I say, cables. followed by 2 sets of dips.

Top Bottom