Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the holiday workouts

Luke Whippo

Hello, to start off the weekend I was going to rest on friday because I had trained for 11 days in a row,I've never done that and I felt great,but it seems theres no rest for a strongman because I talked to a girl that I dated and we are good friends and she needed a washer and dryer moved from her sisters house to her apt. she knows I loved to lift things so I moved them for her all by myself I couldn't even get my arms around them so I just squeezed the sides and carried them up and down steps,it was fun I even shouldered them and then she went with me to the outback steakhouse and bought me dinner.

sat.5/29/04
Mike and Dan came down we did yoke I did 2 sets at 510lb for speed I must say that I've improved and Dan told me that too then I went for a pr and that was 610lb for short distance then I did 2 more sets with 510lb after that we flipped my tire up hill and that was a BITCH the hill is steep.

sun. 5/30/04
today it was me Dan and pro strongman Mark Keshisian and a guy that Mark met in the gym we started with the conans wheel we loaded it to 590lb so with the carrier and the bar it was well over 600lb I did 1 full rotation with the weight that was another pr and Mark told me that I made it look easy but it was tourture. Dan's younger brother came down with about six friends there about 19-20 years old and we did a tug-a-war it was us vs them and they out numbered us,we won but they gave us a fight. Then we did the hercules hold 300lb each arm and I held on for close to 25sec,very painful in the hands it feels like the skin is going to just rip off (I like it) then we finished off the day with stones I have a 235lb and 267lb and Mark brought his 315lb and a 350lb the last time I tried my 267lb I failed to get it on the platform and I stained my lower lats,today I loaded the 267lb with no problem,thats another pr I just budged the 315lb off the ground but couldn't get the stone to my lap. Dan took some pics and Mark might post them on his website under the weekend workouts in the contest coverage section on samson-power.com

Mark K. is one super guy!!!!

B True

Yeah, Mark is awsome. The first time that I ever trained events was at his house about a year ago. I still have slight battle scars on my arms from the first time that I ever trained the conans wheel.

Luke Whippo said:
Yeah, Mark is awsome. The first time that I ever trained events was at his house about a year ago. I still have slight battle scars on my arms from the first time that I ever trained the conans wheel.

Next time you see him...tell him that Clint Darden said hello and good luck at Nationals.

B True

Top Bottom