Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Holding weights for strength gains

juliosmith

[FONT=&quot]As of now, my right arm and shoulder have at least 20 lbs of more strength than my left arm/shoulder. I dont wanna spend too much time working it out so it can catch up. Also I cant seem to really make it any stronger which is really aggravating me. My right arm has no problem with strength gains but I have been stuck with OH pressing 135x7 or like a month now and its due to my damn left arm holding me back. It just wont get stronger in terms of weightlifting.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I was wondering if I were to simply hold extremely heavy loads at the starting position of big upper body exercises such as OH presses and bench presses for long periods of time that I would see gains? Such as I could hold a 100 lb db overhead with my left arm or hold a 135 lb barbell with my left hand in the starting position of a bench press for an extended period of time. I am desperate to gain strength in my left arm because it is pathetic compared to my right and is becoming an obstacle. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]yes.. I know it is rare for both arms to be exactly similar in terms of mass and power but this isnt even close.[/FONT]

I think you just need to keep working it withal the exercises you can think of. Are you sure your technique is the same with both arms.

As of now, my right arm and shoulder have at least 20 lbs of more strength than my left arm/shoulder. I dont wanna spend too much time working it out so it can catch up. Also I cant seem to really make it any stronger which is really aggravating me. My right arm has no problem with strength gains but I have been stuck with OH pressing 135x7 or like a month now and its due to my damn left arm holding me back. It just wont get stronger in terms of weightlifting.

I was wondering if I were to simply hold extremely heavy loads at the starting position of big upper body exercises such as OH presses and bench presses for long periods of time that I would see gains? Such as I could hold a 100 lb db overhead with my left arm or hold a 135 lb barbell with my left hand in the starting position of a bench press for an extended period of time. I am desperate to gain strength in my left arm because it is pathetic compared to my right and is becoming an obstacle.

yes.. I know it is rare for both arms to be exactly similar in terms of mass and power but this isnt even close.

You're gonna have to

Top Bottom